2010 Mazda CX-9 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Mazda CX-9:

2010 Mazda CX-9 Owner Comments

May 022014

When I am at a stop ad start my vehicle accelerates without my assistance, this happened also while backing up and my foot was on the brake.

- Orande City , FL, USA

Jan 022014

CX-9 6-cyl

The car has been turning off while driving with no prior indications or warnings. Engine turns off and steering wheel freezes and locks up. This has occurred multiple time and we have taken the car to the dealer a number of times who has inspected it and even kept it at the shop drove it for a number of days and could not pinpoint the problem. We have made Mazda usa aware of the issue and the potential threat of this vehicle (they gave us a case # 149456450) however, sadly their attitude is that if the problem cant be pinned then it does not exist. This is a clear ignorance on Mazda usa's part and putting the public in a risk with this vehicle.

- Great Neck , NY, USA

Jan 062014

CX-9 6-cyl

Several weeks ago the brakes started making a hissing noise when I would depress the brake. Then, the car would brake as usual until I needed to come to a complete stop, whereas then I would need to depress the brake very hard to make the car stop, which then it would stop very suddenly. The most recent event occurred when my husband was driving down the road about 45 mph and had hit the brakes and the engine completely shut off, all the warning lights came on and it was very difficult for my husband to pull the car over and come to a stop. The engine did start back up and we drove all the way home and have not since driven the vehicle.

- Pembroke Pines, FL, USA

Oct 132012

CX-9 6-cyl

Ticking noise was heard as I accelerated the vehicle and as left turns where made. The ticking noise was louder when the engine was cold. Mazda recommended to replace engine immediately without further inspection. When I asked what was wrong with the vehicle Mazda said sludge was found on the dipstick. They blamed me the consumer and Mazda would not honor my extended warranty which I purchased though them at the time of my initial purchased of the vehicle.

- Katy, TX, USA