2010 Mazda CX-9 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Mazda CX-9:

2010 Mazda CX-9 Owner Comments

Jul 122016

I've own my 2010 Cx-9 since new, at 96K miles the bolt mount for the hatch back power lift ripped out of the sheet metal of the hatch with a piece of metal and bolt flying. I use the car only for private use and no heavy duty usage. Bolt looked rusted (sorry I through it away). The Mazda dealer tells me that it is a very uncommon occurrence, and that is not covered by Mazda. I see in blogs that it is not that uncommon. The bolt and metal breaking may cause glass breakage or damage to someone while the door is being opened. See:

- Short Hills, NJ, USA

Dec 192015

While driving vehicle, at approximately 50 mph, sunroof exploded. Weather was sunny and approximately 18 degrees Fahrenheit. Driver's side heat was on and set at 73 degrees Fahrenheit. Sun shade and sunroof were closed. Sunroof had not been operated in a few months. No evidence of outside interference. No other traffic within 150 feet. Examination of remaining glass indicated upward bow, indicating pressure from inside pushing out, in my opinion. Road we were on at time was a state road in a rural area and we were travelling in a straight line, transitioning from a 2-lane highway to a 4-lane section approximately 1 mile from an interstate exchange. Road conditions were clear and dry. I have no plausible explanation for this occurrence? no police report was filed. Dealer service department closed on Saturday (day of incident), but will be contacted regarding extended warranty coverage. This could have resulted in an accident, if sun shade was open, exposing passenger and driver to flying glass. Therefore, I consider this an unexplained safety hazard.

- Wheatfield, IN, USA