6.4

2011 Mazda CX-9 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Mazda CX-9:

2011 Mazda CX-9 Owner Comments

Apr 062012

CX-9 6-cyl

My son age 13, weighs 105 pounds. When he sits in the front passenger seat the air bag warning light is illuminated indicating that the air bag has been disabled. It is my understanding that the recommended minimum age and weight for the front seat is 12 years and 80lbs respectively. The Mazda dealer, (john kennedy Ford, 1403 ridge pike, conshohocken, pa 19428) ran a check of the calibration of airbag sensors." All ok, no update needed" - they gave me a copy of service bulletin no 08-001/13. This mentions that the issue is caused by my son sitting incorrectly in the passenger seat. I have spoken to the dealer on multiple occasions and this issue is still not resolved.

- Wayne, PA, USA