3.2

2011 Mazda CX-9 steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Mazda CX-9:

2011 Mazda CX-9 Owner Comments

Sep 162016

CX-9

As I was driving my car on a city street, I lost all steering and braking ability. The first time it happened - mazada thought it was a suction from the brake and a tube that was broken. However it just happened again as I was reversing in a parking lot. The car is now with mazada being looked at...

- Walnut Creek, CA, USA

May 162016

CX-9

I took my car to hall in brookfield wi to fix a recall issue. The dealer told me they fixed the recall issue but noticed another problem that requires the replacement of the differential bushings because they were torn. They charged me over $500 for this issue and I believe the issue was exasperated by the recall issue and I am not sure why I had to pay. I honestly believe it was a way for the dealer to charge me for the recall work because it was supposed to be free. I am attaching receipts for the work hall did to this complaint. Now my car is having issues with properly accelerating and is very loud.

- Menomonee Falls, WI, USA

Aug 202015

CX-9

The power steering assist failed and it was impossible to back the car out of a parking space. After moving the car back and forth and slightly turning the steering wheel the power assist came back. It is impossible to make a turn without the power assist. This problem persists and happens at low speed or when I am stopped and trying to make a turn. As long as I am moving the power assist seems to work.

- Athens, GA, USA