2014 Mazda CX-9 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Mazda CX-9:

2014 Mazda CX-9 Owner Comments

Jan 022015

When you pump gas into the fuel tank, the gas spews out when the pump stops. The gas flows out down the side of the car.

- Ellenwood, GA, USA

Apr 022014

CX-9 6-cyl

Foul sulfur smell in cabin, gas smell odor, smelling gas fumes pungent fresh gasoline smell inside the cabin while driving. On the highways, or local roads. It last few minutes when opening the hood rotten eggs smells, the intensity varies, it happen sporadically, I used with different kind of gasoline, also different grade from 93-87. It would be ok for the first 100 miles then the same thing all over again.more noticeable with heat on high in the is almost the fuel injection railing are leaking, or bad catalytic converter or it could be coming from the transfer case or bad heater core. I took it to the dealership few times, once I was told since it is new, you need time to age the converter, finally it became unbearable, I took last Monday, I was given a tsp issued by Mazda to recommend changing gas brand every 100 miles which I have been doing, avoid sudden acceleration, which I am aware of, also the recommend avoiding short trips, I guess we are suppose to walk or have a bike inside the Mazda to use on short drive.. it seems like it is on going problems with Mazda since 2003. And they are insulting the public intelligence with their recommendation where they should come up with remedy to this toxic problem.. I hope your Agency investigate this problem and hopefully made Mazda do something about it.

- Germantown, MD, USA