2016 Mazda CX-9 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Mazda CX-9:

2016 Mazda CX-9 Owner Comments

Aug 032016

I bought the car Saturday. Four days later, I filled the tank at 2:00 pm for the first time. I then drove about 30 miles. When I arrived home at 5:00pm, I parked in the garage. I noticed the odor of fuel as soon as I exited the car and checked to make sure I had secured the gas cap, which I had. Thirty minutes later, the entire downstairs of our house smelled like gasoline. The garage was consumed with fuel odor, and the fire potential caused us to return the car to the dealership immediately after that. The fuel odor was present within the car as well.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA