2012 Mazda MAZDA2 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Mazda MAZDA2:

2012 Mazda MAZDA2 Owner Comments

May 302012

MAZDA2 4-cyl

I purchased a Mazda2 on april30th 2012. At approximately 850 miles, I brought the vehicle to the dealership I purchased it at (towson Mazda), because of a significant vibration in steering when braking. Since then, I have brought the vehicle back to the same dealership approximately every 5,000 miles for the same issue. Over the course of 6-8 visits, the dealer has machined the rotors and actually replaced the rotors twice (or so they said...). after 3,000 - 5,000 miles of driving each time, a vibration begins and quickly leads to violent vibration in steering when braking from any significant speed (30 + mph). Especially violent when braking from highway speeds to an exit ramp. I took the vehicle in just short of the expiration of the warranty at 36,000. The regional manager supposedly told the dealership to tell me they would continue to deal with the brake problem on an "as needed basis" after warranty expiration. I took the vehicle back for the exact same issue at approximately 42,000 miles. At which point, I was told that they would split the cost with me on another rotor replacement, and then they were finished with me. I again took the vehicle back at approximately 46,000 miles and was told they were not going to do anything more. I now have 49,000 on the vehicle, and the violent vibration is worse than ever. 4 weeks ago, at the suggestion of the dealer, I called the Mazda customer service line and explained my entire complaint. They finally called back after 5 days only to say there was nothing else they were willing to do, and there was no method by which I could escalate the complaint. I have owned 7 new vehicles in my life. Never had brake issues every 5,000 miles with no resolution to the issue. It is more than annoying. It is dangerous. I do not know where else I can go to pursue this issue. Please advise.

- Parkville, MD, USA