2007 Mazda MAZDA5 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Mazda MAZDA5:

2007 Mazda MAZDA5 Owner Comments

Mar 202016

MAZDA5

While driving, steering suddenly with out warning became extremely difficult and hazardous to drive. Did not feel safe driving and then power steering light came on. This was driving on the street, while turning and driving... I assume this is the power steering and also seemed to be electric because of lights deeming on radio...unknown.

- Dublin, OH, USA

Jan 102008

MAZDA5 4-cyl

We purchased our 2007, Mazda 5 new in Jan. 2007 from a local dealership. At a little over 9,000 miles the car began to hesitate and we returned to the dealership for the first service to "fix" the problem. To fast forward, here we are Dec. 31st, 2011 and now we are dealing with not only hesitation and stalling, but now the car actually "bucks" while driving it only adding to the dangers of driving it. This is a well documented problem as we have continued to return it the same dealership each time only to be told it was "fixed". this has become a safety concern, and a financial woe. Why the lack of concern by Mazda and other agencies that know of this problem but have not made Mazda admit the problem and recall these cars before someone is killed. Not everyone is in the position to just buy another car if they seem to have a "lemon". I would really like to know my recourse in all of this....to drive a unsafe car", to hope I or a family member won't be hurt of killed in it until such time I can trade it in? and then feel guilty that some other person is purchasing my unsafe car" I hope that there is "some hope" by contacting your Agency. If nothing else if you won't help me, maybe I can warn someone else about this car.

- Farmington, PA, USA

Oct 242006

MAZDA5

2007 Mazda mx-5 customer states that the car was parked 10 feet from the house and suddenly the car accelerated and crashed into the house** according to the report, the source of the problem may have been electrical.

- Tucson, AZ, USA