2007 Mazda MAZDA5 suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Mazda MAZDA5:

2007 Mazda MAZDA5 Owner Comments

Jun 182015

MAZDA5 4-cyl

Since I purchased this vehicle in 2009, I have replaced various suspension components numerous times, only to have a continual 'clunking' sound from the rear end. I will never recommend or purchase another!

- Pittsfield, MA, USA

May 202010

(5/2010) at my local Mazda dealer during routine rotation maintenance of my tires I observed unusual ware on the inner areas of the tire tread areas and a grove carved on the inner sides of the tires. The grove was exposing areas of the steel belt of the tires. The first recommendation from Mazda was to replace the tires, soon. After speaking with the Mazda service rep he informed me that this issue has been known to occur in Mazda 3's and that Mazda came out with a longer upper control arm to help correct the alignment issue with the tires. The Mazda dealer inquired and found no recalls or bulletins with the Mazda 5 that could help me pay for the new, longer upper control arms for the rear of my car. They did find evidence that supported this alignment issue with Mazda 3's. my cost to replace the upper control arms in the rear of the car would be approximately $400. At that time I paid to have my vehicles tires realigned at the Mazda dealer & purchased 4 new Bridgestone tires from a reputable tire garage 2 weeks later. (12/2010) six months later the same wearing of the tires was noticed during routine rotation maintenance of my tires. The Mazda dealer again recommended that I purchase the longer upper control arms to see if that corrects the issue. (1/2011) I then contacted Mazda corporate. They were sympathetic and agreed that this issue was not an anomaly; however, they were unable to assist me. They commented that since the dealer suggested this correction to the issue, they should probably help me. The Mazda dealer told me that it is a Mazda corporate issue. I drive my Mazda 5 in constant fear that the tires will blow out and I will get in an accident. This should not be. Mazda told me that the correction is new longer control arms. This is a Mazda safety issue. Why would I have pay for the defective upper control arm to not drive my car in fear of blowing tires?

- Mount Pleasant , SC, USA

Oct 212010

2007 Mazda5 excessive tire wear and alignment/steering issues @ 27K miles. Have had approx. 10 alignments including a subframe alignment with no success. Have been forced to replace all tires twice due to tire wire on inner edges. Car steers to the right requiring steering wheel to held 2 degrees to the left while operating at all speeds. If steering wheel is released car will drift and then steer itself to the right. The tire wear results in cords showing on inner edge of tires before outer edge have any noticeable wear. Extremely unsafe vehicle due to possible tire failure 48,000 mile earlier than normal repair time.

- Patuxent River, MD, USA

Sep 012007

MAZDA5 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Mazda 5. the contact stated that while driving 25 mph, the vehicle began to pull to the right and was difficult to control. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer where the wheel was aligned; the failure continued. The vehicle had been aligned ten time and the subframe was also aligned; the failure continued. The problem was causing wear on the tires every 12,000 miles. The contact called the manufacturer who advised him to take the vehicle to the dealer. The failure mileage was approximately 100. Updated 02/10/11 the dealer informed the consumer that the tire wear was causing the vehicle to drift. The tires were replaced, but the vehcile continued to pull hard to the right. Updated 02/22/11

- Patuxent River, MD, USA

Dec 232009

In December 2009 I was driving back from allentown airport and when I went over bumps the back of the car swayed and made a terrible knocking noise. I took it to the Mazda dealer and they said it was the front bushing and the rear trailing arms. The car felt very unsafe to drive, so I had them do the work. They charged me $398 for a $45 part. I'm still having the same issue and when I contact the dealer they told me that it was probably because one of the rims were bent on my car! this is not the case. I have downloaded a service bulletin from the Mazda site (no 02-001/08). I brought this bulletin to their attention and they said they did not complete this work and that I should bring in the bulletin and show it to them. My question is if the bulletin specifically indicates the problem that I reported to them on Dec 2009, why didn't they perform what was suggested on the bulletin? also, not to mention my car is not under warranty any longer.......I will never buy a Mazda again. I'm bringing the car back to them on 5/5/2010 and I'll keep you updated.

- Scranton, PA, USA

Jan 012009

Squeaky noise from the rear of the car, probably caused by suspension. From what I read online I'm not the only one having this issue.

- San Francisco, CA, USA