2010 Mazda MAZDA5 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Mazda MAZDA5:

2010 Mazda MAZDA5 Owner Comments

Apr 152016

The contact owns a 2010 Mazda Mazda5. The contact stated that as the engine was ignited, the air bag warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the passenger air bag failed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The VIN was available. The failure mileage was approximately 155,000.

- Los Altos, CA, USA

Mar 122016

Maybe takata recall - our Mazda 5 was parked in the driveway overnight on March 12. We went to drive the car and found the entire interior of the car was covered in a fine powder. The glove box was open. We concluded that the inflator from the front passenger airbag position had gone off on its own. The airbag itself did not deploy. We then drove the vehicle to the Mazda dealership for service, (about 1 mile).

- Arlington, TX, USA

Sep 152015

Airbag lit and blinking on the dash board panel. I took it to Mazda dealership to have it check but I was told to pay $150 just to diagnostic test plus labor & parts when repair is will be done by them. Is this part of safety recall ? for airbags.

- Los Altos, CA, USA

Dec 222015

I bought the car last December 2015, and it is already blinking. I'm not really exactly sure when it was actually started this problem and I believed it's in the drivers side "air bag".

- Stockton, CA, USA

Oct 072014

MAZDA5 4-cyl

I was driving home after dropping my three children off at school. The road that I live on is woodlake pkwy and the speed limit is fourty-five mph. A lady in a car pulled out in front of me from a subdivision on my right, she was headed in my opposite direction. I hit her as I attempted to swerve and miss her only projecting me further and faster to my left where there were two sets of trees and bushes. After the initial collision I then fought my way through trees realizing I had no brakes I slammed down the brakes and landed on some tree stubs 150 ft away from the crash site. My airbags never deployed.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Oct 012011

MAZDA5 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Mazda Mazda5. The contact stated that the air bag light illuminated constantly when the passenger seat was occupied. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who advised that they could not duplicate the failure. There were no repairs. The vehicle was taken twice to the dealer but the dealer was never able to duplicate the failure. The contact sent a letter to the manufacturer and was awaiting a response. The failure mileage was 20,800. Updated 02/0812 the consumer stated during the past several months, the front passenger air bad deactivation indicator light would illuminate and then it would become dark on an intermittent basis. Updated 03/2612

- Williamsburg, VA, USA