6.8

2012 Mazda MAZDA5 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Mazda MAZDA5:

2012 Mazda MAZDA5 Owner Comments

Sep 102013

MAZDA5 4-cyl

2012 Mazda5. Brought the car to the dealer, told them about the vibration and thumping noise coming from the brakes / tires. They said the tires balances fine and could not find any issues. Driving down the highway, at 70 mph. Had to hit the brakes hard, had a terrible vibration from the hitting the brakes/tires. I had the tires look into at 18,000 miles, they said no problem, then at 22,000, cant find any issues, they said that these tires wear fast and that's the way the low profile tires are, now I will take it in at 25,000 miles and see what they say, tread wear is terrible, at 18,000 miles it was down to 5/32 tread. I know that there is some type of belt separation in the tires, traction is also terrible in the snow and rain, tires are toyo proxes A18.

- Greenfield, WI, USA

Jan 042012

MAZDA5 4-cyl

I had 3,000 miles on my 2012 Mazda 5 when I first complained to a Mazda dealer that my car would wobble when going forward into a right turn and in reverse when making a left turn.'something' would always correct the problem for a while when I complained during multiple oil changes. Recently at 25,000 miles a dealer finally told me my rotors were out of round so they were going to ground them down to make them straight. I requested a replacement but they said no. I would not expect nor have I ever seen rotors wear down before years of service. There is now a perception of skidding for a second when I go around a corner that I have felt twice since the rotors were supposedly made even. The car is under warranty. Has anyone else had this problem" is this a safety issue? I feel unsafe as the car has always had a balance problem. The dealer I bought the car from said he doesn't feel or see a problem and refuses to replace the rotors even though the problem has been there since I bought the car. Is there anything I need to worry about or do" updated 09/05/13

- Detroit, MI, USA