$5,000.00

1. needs new engine (1 reports)
2007 Mazda MAZDA6 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Mazda MAZDA6:

2007 Mazda MAZDA6 Owner Comments

Nov 112007

MAZDA6 4cl

I am in week 2 of a dispute between Mazda, my dealer and myself regarding a blown engine at 13,000 miles. I had an oil change at 4200 miles and am about 1500 miles over the "recommended" 7500 mile oil change and my engine started knocking. I checked the oil and there was minimal oil on the dipstick and put 2 qts of oil in the car. I drove 5 miles and the engine blew. No oil indicator light, no reason to have "zero" oil after 9000 mile without and oil change unless there was a malfunction or consumption issue. Dealer claims lack of recommended maintenance. District manager agreed. Mazda care said oil light had nothing to do with it and concurred.

Dealer has offered nothing, district manager apparently has no boss and is unavailable to speak with even though he has never seen my car, and Bernadette at customer care is apparently the Pres. of Mazda and can make the official decision that I am responsible to replace the 5,000.00 engine.

NOT ACCEPTABLE!