2009 Mazda MAZDA6 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Mazda MAZDA6:

2009 Mazda MAZDA6 Owner Comments

Feb 162016

MAZDA6 4-cyl

I bought a used car with 2 dashboard light tmps & engine the dealer give me extra warranty but never been repair furthermore I find out by myself a recall for the outer door handles after the door open while I driving in the express way this happened to my youngest daughter; and in other 2 incidents the car do not respond with the appropriate speed causing me a big chance of accident afterwards it is happened again so due to other several mechanic problems and for security I have to decided to return the car now I have no money no car and a big problem I am having hardly time tried to summit my concerns because I think the dealers are responsible for sale security cars before the sale but apparently the laws are in the dealers side as a consumer I hope maybe some one can see how this irresponsible dealers play with the consumers safety. I pay over $3,000 in repairs by my self and I have been around 90 days with out car and all this problems in a period of time of 26 months plus my payments to the dealer that was $460,00 a month this issue start on 12-6-13 to 02-26-16 after the car need a new repair at cost of $3,000 so in the reality this company was negligent when they fail to properly repair the car since the beginning they just pretend to fixed but wasn't. I want to thank you for your time.

- Berwyn, IL, USA

Mar 182011

MAZDA6 4-cyl

I bought my Mazda 6, year 2009, brand new from a Mazda dealer in Virginia. Some time ago, while I was driving it at approximately. 30 mph in heavy traffic on one of the main roads, I then turned on the left turn signal as I needed to make a left turn at the very next light. Suddenly, the engine died completely and the car stopped in the middle of the traffic. Luckily I was not hit by the drivers behind me. I was able to put the gear in park, start the engine again and drive the car home. I then called the Mazda dealer (where I had bought the car) and I immediately made an appointment to have the car checked. To my greatest disappointment, the Mazda dealership told me there was nothing wrong with my car and they could not find the cause of the problem I had on the road, when the engine died while I was driving my car. A few months later a similar problem happened again and the Mazda dealer could not find any problem with it at that time either. Now Mazda has a recall for Mazda 6, 2010-2012 only, but it's for the same problem with the spider's webs and possible risk of cracks in the fuel tank, with a risk of a fire. I'm concerned the year 2009 is not included in the recall since the same problem appeared in the earlier recall.

- Alexandria, VA, USA