2009 Mazda MAZDA6 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Mazda MAZDA6:

2009 Mazda MAZDA6 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Feb 022016

MAZDA6

>takata recall >car alarm randomly alarms when car is not in use.

- Ewa Beach, HI, USA

Nov 042016

MAZDA6

The contact owns a 2009 Mazda 6. the contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V356000 (air bags) and 16V594000 (air bags); however, the parts for the recall repairs were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repairs. The contact stated that the air bag warning indicator was illuminated. The failure mileage was unknown. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available and parts distribution disconnect.

- Houston, TX, USA

Sep 152015

MAZDA6

The contact owned a 2009 Mazda 6. while driving 35 mph, the vehicle crashed into a telephone pole. The air bags did not deploy. A police report was filed. The contact suffered lacerations to the nose, which required medical attention. The vehicle was destroyed and towed. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 68,694.

- Olyphant, PA, USA

Jun 152012

MAZDA6

The contact owns a 2009 Mazda 6. while driving various speeds, the air bag warning indicator illuminated continuously. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the cause of the failure was undetermined. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 22,769.

- Hermitage, TN, USA

Jun 062016

MAZDA6

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Mazda 6. the contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V356000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Palm Bay, FL, USA

Sep 222016

MAZDA6

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Mazda Mazda6. The contact stated the air bag warning light was illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V356000 (air bags) and 16V594000 (air bags) however, the parts for the recall repairs were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repairs. The approximate failure mileage was 58,000. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Sarasota, FL, USA

May 232016

MAZDA6

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Mazda 6. the contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V356000 (air bags). The part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Austin, TX, USA

Jul 062016

MAZDA6

The contact owned a 2009 Mazda 6. while driving at a low speed, another vehicle crashed into the driver's side of the contact's vehicle. The side air bag deployed. The contact suffered injuries to the wrist and head, which required medical attention. A police report was filed. The manufacturer was not notified. The vehicle was destroyed, but not towed. The VIN was unknown. The failure mileage was 105,000.

- Hickory, NC, USA

Jul 012016

MAZDA6

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Mazda 6. the contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V356000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Cape Coral, FL, USA

Mar 202015

MAZDA6

The pressure or heat coming from muffler burnt back part of vehicular I am paying $1400 in wire repairs. Air bags recall, scars me don't have another car.the passenger door air noise escaping, melting dash board, alarm system goes of everyday up to 3to 4 times. Tire pressure, and engine light on.

- Harlingen, TX, USA

Aug 012016

MAZDA6

The contact owns a 2009 Mazda 6. the contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 16V356000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

May 052015

MAZDA6

Takata recall my airbags stopped functioning for no reason since last year. My car is a 2009 model but only has 45000 miles on it and never been in an accident or wrack. Maybe it's a good thing that it's not working because Mazda refuses to include this model as part of the takata recall, so hopefully it will not explode in my face. I called Mazda's customer service and they gave me the run around. Told me to get a diagnostic done, call them back after that and "maybe" they will cover it. Well I left numerous messages, they never called me back. What makes me scared is that the Mazda dealership who did the diagnostic refused to explain what exactly is going on. They acted really weird and rude when I pressed for answers. All they told me that I have to pay around $500 to replace a part but that will not guarantee that my airbag will work. And of course that's an extra cost that we would have to pay. I don't understand why this model is not affected by this recall when many older and newer models have already been recalled?

- Federal Way, WA, USA

Apr 232012

MAZDA6

4/23/12 - took car to dealership for airbag light that would continuously flash on dashboard whenever car was on. Their findings: "pulled code B1127 - cleaned & tightened terminals in connector under seat to correct resistance. Test drove ok. Connector 0810-15." Cost me $92 to repair. 3/12/14, (94,425 miles) took car back to dealership after experiencing same problem with flashing airbag light for several months prior. Their description of service: "technician performed diagnostics using Mazda scan tool. Found code B1127 - passenger side airbag module high resistance. Checked for tsb S, found tsb 08-001/09 - coating on airbag terminals allowing oxidation-- replace module. Installed gs3L-57-ka0B: Module (R) A/B side, replaced module per tsbp 08-001/09. Cleared code from PCM." This time it cost me $453.87!!!! I can't believe there hasn't been a recall on this yet!!! also in Jan. 2015, (92,000 miles) I walked out to my car one day, during the winter, to find my passenger side dashboard with a huge crack in it! it is also very sticky feeling. I haven't even looked into how much it's going to cost to repair this. After doing some more research I found out that allot of people are having problems with their dashboard and I think Mazda needs to get involved and fix this.

- Circle, PA, USA

Apr 082015

MAZDA6 6-cyl

My wife complained to me today while driving the Mazda6 there was a glare coming from the dash area right over the passenger airbag. She touched it and it was a shiny sticky deterioration of the dash itself. You cannot touch or rub out as it sticks and leaves a black, sticky glue on your fingers. Looked it up and there are a great many Mazda owners that seem to suffer from this very same issue...and nobody is getting satisfaction from Mazda. 44K and the dash is melting"????"

- Stuart, FL, USA

Feb 012013

MAZDA6

The airbag indicator (malfunction) light turns on and off intermittently for over a year. My car is out of warranty so the dealer will not service it without an expensive fee. I fear for my families safety because if the airbag is not operating properly it will be a life threatening injury to my family. I am under the impression that certain parts on vehicles should be serviced for a longer period of time, seat belts and airbags!. please investigate the matter and issue a recall.

- Laredo, TX, USA

Jan 302014

MAZDA6 4-cyl

The dashboard of my Mazda is melting. The dashboard is shiny and sticky with a terrible glare. It looks like it is wet, but it is really gooey. I am worried the airbags may deploy prematurely or not at all. The damage to the dashboard is getting worse. I feel this is inferior workmanship and or materials and should be placed under recall.

- Palm Bay, FL, USA

Aug 222013

MAZDA6 4-cyl

The dashboard in my 2009 Mazda6 passenger side is melting. The dashboard is sticky and a mess. It could probably be a hazard with my airbag. The dash is also very soft and the coloring comes off.

- Lake Worth, FL, USA

Mar 102011

MAZDA6 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2009 Mazda 6. the contact stated that the airbag light was illuminated so the vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer for diagnosis. The dealer stated that there was a high resistance on the wire going to the driver's side airbag. The dealer cleaned the connector as a remedy however, the light illuminated once again and the dealer replaced the airbag. The failure recurred. The vehicle was not repaired correctly or further. The failure mileage was 16,000 and updated 05/08/12 the consumer stated the dealer replaced the driver's side air bag. The air bag light illuminated again, then they replaced the SRS contro until. The consumer stated the light illuminated two more times.

- Wexford, PA, USA

Dec 202009

MAZDA6

Airbag light flashing for no reason. Car taken to dealer and part was ordered and replaced per bulletin 08-001/09. Apparently corroded part. Now, 07/08/2010, airbag light flashing again. Must take to dealer to service again. (now out of warranty)

- Hattiesburg, MS, USA

Jun 032011

MAZDA6

In the parking lot of my local walgreen's, I got out of my car, closed the door and my air bags deployed. All curtain airbags, and the driver side seat airbag. I was not in any sort of accident, nor where there any cars around me. I simply pulled into the walgreen's to stop and verified I had not left something important that I needed at home.

- Ballwin, MO, USA