2009 Mazda MAZDA6 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Mazda MAZDA6:

2009 Mazda MAZDA6 Owner Comments

Sep 092013

I was reared ed 2 years ago in September. When I took my vehicle in to get fixed the seatbelts were checked and in working order. A couple weeks later I removed my son's car seat to sweep out the car and to wash his seat. As I was putting his seat back in I noticed the belt would not lock. So I moved it over to the passenger side as my oldest always sat on the drivers side. A couple weeks after that the rear passenger seatbelt wouldn't lock. Now I have a infant in the vehicle went to put her carseat behind the drivers side. Worked up until a week ago I noticed today as I was taking her seat out of the base it was moving a lot. I yanked on the seatbelt now it won't lock. I have read complaints on this and recalls on some cars for this.

- Whitehall, OH, USA