2.9

2010 Mazda MAZDA6 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Mazda MAZDA6:

2010 Mazda MAZDA6 Owner Comments

Oct 152015

MAZDA6

I went to check on safercar.gov since I received a letter saying Mazda would be replacing the dash due to glare condition potential (2015) to find updated status and also for air bag. The air bag issue is still incomplete for over 7 months. By VIN look-up, I find two additional recalls for door latch and fuel tank in which I was unaware. Date on this complaint reflects first contact from Mazda. Also, 4 interior items broken, including a cracked rear-view mirror

- Woodbridge, VA, USA

Aug 302014

MAZDA6

Dash board melting from heat

- Fayetteville, NC, USA

Feb 102016

MAZDA6

Dashboard on the passenger side start having cracks plus sticky areas

- Wylie, TX, USA

May 022016

MAZDA6

Door latch mounting screws gone and not allowing to engage with the latch mechanism. Door will not close shut. Door opened while vehicle in motion. Known recall no. 7013I

- Raleigh, NC, USA

Sep 012015

MAZDA6

The dashboard is melting. The dashboard on the passenger started to look shiny. We took a clothe to wipe it off and the dashboard is sticky and actually peeled and ripped when we tried to wipe it. The conditioning is spreading and is very sticky. At certain times of day the glare from the shiney dashboard reflects off the windshield making it very difficult to see out the windshield.

- Titusville, FL, USA

Sep 282015

MAZDA6

The dashboard on the passenger side is melting and sticky to touch. The reflection from the melting makes it difficult to see out the windshield on the passenger side. I called the dealership and had pictures taken of the problem. All they said to wait for a letter and the part is not in. It has been 7 months since I first reported it.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Jun 012015

MAZDA6

Dash crash pad is melting, causing a glare and poor visibility on the passenger side of the windshield. The dash is turning into a liquid and running down the dash. Also smells like it is "off gassing."

- Boynton Beach, FL, USA

Sep 242014

MAZDA6

My dashboard panel on the passenger side have signs of melting, I haven't spill anything on the car. It's sticky and it have a really bad smell.

- Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA

Aug 242015

MAZDA6

The contact owns a 2010 Mazda 6. the contact stated that the dashboard material was defective. The contact noticed that the dashboard was sticky and melted near the front passenger air bag area. The dashboard was not replaced. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 36,000.

- San Lorenzo, PR, USA

Oct 012014

MAZDA6 4-cyl

Dashboard crash pad on the passenger side is melting. I live in Florida and use a sun screen in my window when the vehicle is parked. Causes dash to become shiny and there is a glare when driving.

- Boynton Beach, FL, USA