2010 Mazda MAZDA6 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Mazda MAZDA6:

2010 Mazda MAZDA6 Owner Comments

Mar 132014

MAZDA6 4-cyl

My son took my car to school. He was going to leave after school let out, he was going to give his friend a ride home. This is a 6 speed car. His friend got in the car on the passenger side, my son was talking to his brother, he was not in the car. My son had put the keys on the driver seat, his friend put the key in the ignition and turned the key to accessories to listen to the radio, the car had the emergency brake on, and it was in first gear. When he turned the key to listen to the radio the car took off!!!! I am not sure how fast it was going but it crashed into a tree and stopped. There was no driver!! there is a police report on this, and there were several witnesses. My son's friend hit his head on the windshield and it cracked the windshield. I contacted Mazda headquarters to make them aware, and they seemed bothered that I even called!!!!! it is a miracle a kid was not walking by and was struck by this out of control car.

- Billings, MT, USA