2010 Mazda MAZDA6 lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Mazda MAZDA6:

2010 Mazda MAZDA6 Owner Comments

Nov 102013

I'm having problems with my head lights on my 2010 Mazda 6. my head lights went out in November 2013 and I've changed the head lights out three times since within a 2 year time frame. I'm using the expensive sylvania H7 silver star zxe head light bulbs and they're burning out. Also the seal around the head lights aren't secure because water and condensation has always been an issue with this car.

- Hampton, VA, USA

Nov 072015

The low beam headlights on the car take turns going out for some reason. I have had the car for five years, bought it brand new and have had to replace headlight bulbs at least 8 times. I have read several other review about the same issue. This is a safety issue, if we to be driving at night and both headlights go out that would be very dangerous. Second issue: Every winter when it gets colder the cars electronic system seems to run much slower and the blue tooth, cd player, etc. Will not connect and there has bee three instances where the car will make a loud popping noise while it is in motion and the whole stereo system, blue tooth, dashboard lights will power off and I'll have to reset up the blue tooth.

- Murphy, NC, USA

Apr 242015

MAZDA6 6-cyl

Took my 2010 Mazda 6 to the dealership for an oil change. As part of their safety check they reported that both of my low beam headlights were out. I was quoted $172 for replacing the bulbs. When I got home I went to U-tube to see how difficult this was to warrant the charge. One of the videos showed a Mazda 3 owner with a similar problem, the passenger side low beam out. He tapped the outer lens with his fist and the light came on. I went out and tried the same on my Mazda 6 and both headlights came on and were normal. It is obvious that Mazda has a safety issue with there headlight wiring or connections.

- Hemet, CA, USA

Apr 162012

MAZDA6 4-cyl

Low beam headlights went out at 40,000 miles and have been replaced 2more times. Yesterday, no low beam headlights again so I googled problem. Over 170 reports on one site of same problem for various Mazda models and years. Interestingly, the video on the site says if you rap the outer headlight casing the light comes on but may not stay on once car is shut off. This worked for virtually everyone on the site and myself. Mazda must be aware of this problem but is doing nothing for consumers. Also their engineering design makes replacing bulbs a $150 adventure as the average person can't do it themselves.

- Egg Harbor Township, NJ, USA

Jun 102014

My brake rotors are completely warped! after 6 months of having my car my brakes have gone out multiple times, I don't not drive my car long distances or even on a daily basis. I can be going as slow as 25 mph and when I go to brake my car will start to shake (not much but noticeable) this is very dangerous due to the fact it can cause loss of control while braking. I have taken my car to the dealer and had it worked on under a "one time" warranty meaning they will maintenance the brake once at no cost to me. Each time I have gone or spoken to my dealer they say they can't figure out why it keeps happening and even said it could be normal wear and tear (which is not the case). I am apart of a regional Mazda club and everyone with a Mazda 6 (2009-12) seem to have the exact same problem with this. Also, the tire pressure light stays on. Almost immediately after I purchased my car the light came on followed by the loud beeping sound that warns you that your tire pressure is low. I called my dealer and they looked at it and told my I just need air. Well the very next day the light came on and the loud beeping followed. A long with that my passenger seat air bag light keeps say that the air bag is off, and the passenger seat low beam headlight has issues with stay on.

- Louisville, KY, USA

Oct 152013

The contact owns a 2010 Mazda Mazda6. The contact stated while driving into the residential driveway, the passenger side low beam headlight burned out. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 53,855 and the current mileage was 54,200.

- Oak Hill , WV, USA

Dec 292012

MAZDA6 6-cyl

Just purchased an used 2010 Mazda 6 and the passenger low-beam headlamp is "out" until you give it a nice friendly tap. This at only 29,300 miles. Went out again 9 days later and the tap is not working. Went online and found this link with other owners having the same issue.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Mar 152011

MAZDA6 4-cyl

The inner tail light lenses on both the driver & passenger side of my 2010 Mazda 6 touring are physically melting and becoming severely deformed. The outer, clear lenses are not damaged and the melting is originating in the vicinity of the bulbs. Car has not been altered from the mfg and bulbs are manufacturer recommended. Car has 48,000 miles on it and beyond the 36,000 mfg warranty therefore Mazda will not replace them for free. I believe this is a supplier, design or manufacturing defect that can possibly cause a fire or reduced brake light visibility and this part should not melt. I have pictures and can send them as reference. A search of the internet showed a few other incidents with defective Mazda tail lights on other models and years similar to this. I am uncertain how wide spread this situation is. Pictures received. Updated 06/14/11

- Roanoke, VA, USA