2011 Mazda MAZDA6 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Mazda MAZDA6:

2011 Mazda MAZDA6 Owner Comments

May 182013

MAZDA6 6-cyl

I was driving in the rain, the road was wet and as I attempted to stop the brakes were locked. The brake pedal would not depress while trying to stop in the rain. As I swerved to avoid a fatality I continued to tap on the brake before the brake would unlock. This is the third incident that I have encountered since I purchased this car in 2011. I have taken this vehicle to the dealership and each time I have paid for brake issues, rotors being warped, brakes scrubbing together not holding. I have attempted to get a resolution but noone has assisted with this issue.

- Miami Gardens, FL, USA

Aug 202012

Parked vehicle on Friday and engaged the emergency brake on vehicle. Went to leave for work on Monday in a.M. and when started to give vehicle gas, the vehicle was hesitant and then jerked forward making a loud chunk noise. As I drove down road, approximately 2 driveways, there was a wobbling noise coming from the rear of vehicle. I immediately stopped because it sounded as if a wheel was loose. I did a walk around the vehicle and could see something not quite right on the right rear brake rotor (4 wheel disc brakes on vehicle). Upon further inspection, I noted that there was a piece of what appeared to be my brake pad melted to the rotor. I did not drive vehicle further but contacted local Mazda dealership. I arranged vehicle tow to crossroads Mazda in prince george va. Upon inspection by their technician, they found that my emergency brake cable was locked up and this is what caused the problems. My brake pad on the right rear rotor had disintegrated and large chunks were completely missing. Crossroads arranged warranty repairs to replace my rear brake pads and emergency brake cable in the vehicle and to clean the right rear rotor. Since these repairs, the vehicle seems to be driving better than it ever did. Crossroads employees were super great to deal with and I felt took good care of me. On several times prior to this incident, I had commented on the smell coming from under my vehicle when driven for some time. Obviously emergency brake had been locked up for some time.

- Midlothian , VA, USA