3.0

2012 Mazda MAZDA6 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Mazda MAZDA6:

2012 Mazda MAZDA6 Owner Comments

Sep 302015

MAZDA6 4-cyl

I own a 2012 Mazda 6 which now has approx. 72,000 miles. The front low beam headlights went out while I was driving in a rainstorm at night. Luckily my high beams stayed functional. After pulling over to check out the issue I hit the driver side headlight assy (out of frustration) and the low beam light came on. I did the same to the other side and that light came on too. As soon as I started looking on the internet about this. I see that there are many people having the same issue with Mazda headlights. This presents a extremely dangerous situation while driving at night time and a less experienced driver may have panicked when the lights went out. I'm extremely concerned about this because my wife and daughter also drives this car but I don't feel safe with them driving at night now. Not to mention, this car is due for it's yearly inspection and it won't pass because the low beams are out. I doubt the mechanic will let me hit the lights to make them come on for the inspection. Especially to have them go out again as soon as I hit a bump or turn the lights off. As of 10-26-15, both of my low beams are out and now only the driver side will come on with a bump to the light. With this many people having the same safety issue, can you please explain to me why this is not a recall"?" I hope nobody gets hurt in an accident while they're driving at night and then the lights suddenly go out. I live in an area where most roads do not have street lights, and there are a lot of deer and other animals crossing the road at night. Please help us in getting this issue resolved with Mazda before someone's child gets hurt or killed in an accident because of this issue!!! thank you very much for investigating this issue promptly. In addition to this being a safety concern, I'm now being forced to drive an un inspected vehicle because it won't pass the state inspection without lowbeams.

- Lyman, ME, USA

Aug 052013

MAZDA6

Headlights keep failing. I continue to change the bulbs but today found that electrical wiring harness that powers front lights has melted and lost all of its insulation. There are only bare wires running into connector for headlights.

- Keyser, WV, USA

Feb 012014

MAZDA6

Low beams failed on both headlights with in first year, attempted to replace bulb several times, finally replaced entire head lamp assemblies, with in first 2 months low beams have failed again. Attempts to replace bulb are still not effective.

- Joshua, TX, USA

Jul 142015

MAZDA6

Headlights went out for no reason. Had to pull over and bump the headlights to make them work. Checked the fuse and all electrical components at autoshop. They found nothing, but said that they have seen this in Mazda 6 cars before and there is a fault in the design nor is there any solution to the issue. Issue can be seen in the video: Https://www.youtube.com/watch?V=uqqperresa8

- Denver, CO, USA

Dec 162014

MAZDA6

The contact owns a 2012 Mazda 6. while driving at 55 mph, the vehicle stalled. The contact was able to restart the vehicle. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The failure recurred on numerous occasions. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The contact was aware of NHTSA campaign number: 14V173000 (electrical system), but the VIN was not included. The failure mileage was 70,000.

- Bolleview, FL, USA

Jun 202014

MAZDA6

At around 50,000 miles, I had a headlight (low beam) go out on me. I had it replaced on the driver side. A few weeks later, the passenger side headlight went out and had to get that replaced. These are hard to get to if you do not have the right tools so each time I had to take it in for service. At 65,000 miles, I had my engine and battery light come on. I turned the car off and then back on and they went away. I then tried locking the car, and my car will not lock from the inside or with my remote. The car will unlock, but will not lock no matter what I do. Tested battery and all fuses and everything is good there.

- Ontario, OH, USA