2014 Mazda MAZDA6 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Mazda MAZDA6:

2014 Mazda MAZDA6 Owner Comments

Feb 272016

Upon turning on my car (flat surface, middle of the day, already driven that morning), I received an at failure notice, master warning light, scbs failure notice, and a check engine light. The car had been seen 5 days prior for a routine oil change and inspection. All marks were noted as "green." The engine sounded fine, the shifting of the transmission smooth, and no issues were seen/felt/heard/noticed as of yet. The dealer refused to run a diagnostics test as it is a Saturday.

- Kapolei, HI, USA

Jul 062014

After driving my Lincoln mkz, where pressing the ignition stop button automatically puts the car in park, I drove my friend's 2014 Mazda6. I pressed the ignition stop button but exited the vehicle without putting it in park. I did not notice any warning that the car had been turned off and exited without being in park. The car, although stationary when we left it, ended up rolling into another car in the parking lot. My initial estimate is that the total damage will exceed $5,000 to both cars. If this car had had an ignition key, I would have been forced to put it in park as I removed the key. Please consider requiring a voice warning that car has been turned off and/or exited without being in park. I think our 2014 Lincoln mkz puts itself in park if you exit the vehicle.

- Franklin, TN, USA

Mar 022014

MAZDA6 4-cyl

This incident has happened about 10 - 15 times in the 6 months I have had this car. It occurs when the vehicle is stopped at a traffic signal, stuck in traffic, or any other time when the transmission is in drive and the brake is used to keep the vehicle stationary. The engine will be turning at idle speed when suddenly it revs to 4-5K RPM causing the car to leap forward, overpowering the brake. This has almost resulted in a crash several times as suddenly the car moves forward rapidly. I have noticed a small tendency for this to occur in the first few minutes of driving but it has happened anytime. I have seen no correlation to outside temperature. I have noticed perhaps a small increase in frequency when the car is stopped after high speed driving such as highway driving.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Jan 102014

The vehicle started to decelerate while driving without any type of notice. The dealership found out the valve board in the transmission needed to be replaced. The process took 3 weeks to repair since the valve board was on back order due to high demand. The vehicle was repaired but there is still a delay when accelerating at certain speeds. The dealership has yet to find out what is causing the current issue that my vehicle is having.

- Naperville, IL, USA