2007 Mazda MAZDASPEED3 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Mazda MAZDASPEED3:

2007 Mazda MAZDASPEED3 Owner Comments

Mar 102007

I have heard via that there have been multiple failures of the drivers side transmission mount and I decided to check my own since I have worked on cars for about 20 years...and I do not trust dealer service. I attached a torque wrench to the bolt and proceeded to get about 1/3 to 1/2 a turn out of the bolt with about 50 ft/lbs as my starting point. I then removed the bolt, covered in red located and reinstalled, torquing the bolt to 90 ft/lbs. I feel that this should be a recall and owners of this new car should not have to check their motor mounts for fear of failure when the mounts should have been done right from the manufacturer.

- Bristol, RI, USA