2001 Mazda Millenia exhaust system problems

exhaust system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Mazda Millenia:

2001 Mazda Millenia Owner Comments

Dec 022010

Millenia P 2.5L

It's was nearing time for my emissions testing and just my luck, the check engine light on my 2001 Mazda Millenia P (2.5 engine) comes on. this time the catalytic converter. My mech told me that mine was fried and needed a new one. I always purchase my own parts, Always OEM and found a catco direct fit for about $250. they welded it on and tells me i need to put some data on the drive cycle for the emissions testing. As i get 25 miles into driving, the darn light comes back on, and of course its the catalytic converter again, these guys are stumped, i googled around and found out there is another converter directly underneath the engine, which is very pricey $500 and higher, could this one be the problem? is there a way to actually decipher which converter is the issue? PLEASE HELP!! my inspection expired 3 days ago, and i HAVE to drive my car to get to work everyday.

- , Queens, NY, USA