2004 Mazda RX-8 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Mazda RX-8:

2004 Mazda RX-8 Owner Comments

Mar 312006

RX-8 6-cyl

Engine failure, purchased car 3/11/2006, a couple of weeks later the car started idling roughly, then stalling, the computer module has been replaced twice, the engine once, I still have problems with acceleration, the last incident happened last week 7/29/2007, I was in the center lane pulling out into the passing lane and the car lost all power but did not stall my head was slammed forward almost hitting the stirring wheel and a few seconds later shot off like a rocket slamming my head back against the drivers seat, causing my neck to whip lash I have had a bad headache since, and I was almost hit by a big diesel truck. The car is in the shop again getting the oil and tires changed, and also getting checked for this problem but they are saying they could not find anything on the road test. Well it happens to me quite often when I go to pass someone on the interstate, it hesitates before it kicks in and someone is going to get killed. I am paying for a car that spends more time in the shop than out. I bought it 3/11/06 it stayed in the shop almost continually until 7/18/2006, and I was making payments. Now it is starting all over again with the rough idle and hesitation. I am getting to the point that I want my money back and I'll give them the car back. I am getting to scared to drive it. Now I find out today about other recalls the control arm I was not aware of, I guess that is why my car is starting to pull hard to the right, now I have to have that taken care of. I have moved 350 miles away and I can't leave until my car gets fixed and out of the shop, this is starting to be bull!!! someone needs to do something I have a friend who also has an RX8 we purchased ours on the same day and she is having the same problems and hers is a 2006 where mine is a 2004, so Mazda hasn't fixed the problem.

- Ocala, FL, USA