2004 Mazda RX-8 transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Mazda RX-8:

2004 Mazda RX-8 Owner Comments

Feb 102010

I own a 2004 Mazda Rx-8 and was driving to work when the manual clutch pedal shifted from its normal position so far that it got stuck under the brake pedal. I was able to get it home but when looking into the problem, I noticed that the clutch assembly bracket had broken, allowing the clutch pedal to move under the brake. I did some research to find that approximately 40 other people had the same issue with this bracket breaking in the same place on the 2004-2008 Rx-8.

- Madison, IN, USA

Feb 012008

RX-8 2-cyl

My clutch pedal bracket broke at the welds with 60K miles on my car. My car is bone stock.

- Alta Loma , CA, USA