1.9

2006 Mazda RX-8 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Mazda RX-8:

2006 Mazda RX-8 Owner Comments

Jun 182015

RX-8

While driving an increasing smell of raw gasoline was noticed in the vehicle. Upon investigation of the fuel pump located under the passenger seat behind the driver's seat there was an accumulation of gasoline below the fuel pump outlet to fuel line coupling. Upon removing the fuel line coupling and the fuel line going to the engine it was observed that there was a crack approximately 1/2 inch long in the bottom portion of the plastic fuel pump outlet which had allowed gasoline to accumulate on top of the fuel pump housing. The fuel pump along with the fuel line going to the engine were both replaced which corrected the fuel leak problem. It would be recommended to check for cracks in the fuel pump outlet the next time this type of vehicle is brought in for service.

- Saint Cloud, FL, USA

Mar 302015

RX-8

I have had my catalytic converter replaced, along w my engine, less than 2 years ago. Now my check engine light has come back on and the inside of my car smells very gassy and exhaust smelling while driving and I'm being told that it's my converter again and they say it should not be having any problems in this short amount of time. I called the dealership which initially fixed the problem and they aren't helping and basically saying it'll be my responsibility again!

- Hot Springs, AR, USA