2.0

2007 Mazda RX-8 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Mazda RX-8:

2007 Mazda RX-8 Owner Comments

Apr 202015

RX-8

I was driving on I4, and went to shift from 4th gear to 5th gear; I heard a snap and the clutch pedal went to the floor. I then had about 2 inches of travel in my clutch pedal. The clutch pedal breaking is a known issue with Mazda rx8S. No, I do not have a heavy duty clutch.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Aug 062011

RX-8

I was driving my 2007 Mazda Rx-8/6 speed. I was in 2nd gear shifting into 3rd gear when my clutch pedal broke off. I had to slam on the brakes to stop the car in gear and have it towed to the dealership. I'm currently renting a car and the dealership is telling me it will be around 10 days to fix it. The biggest problem is that my clutch was damaged and the dealership won't replace it. Out of pocket costs are at 1,700.00$ right now.

- Corona, CA, USA