2001 Mazda Tribute seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Mazda Tribute:

2001 Mazda Tribute Owner Comments

Sep 282007

Tribute 6-cyl

While driving home from work and with no impact of any kind the passenger air bag deployed. My vehicle did not hit anything. There was no one in front or behind me. I made it home without further incident, in this case I was concerned about the drivers air bag going off. It did not. I called the local city police desk and they advised that it was alright to drive the vehicle. I called my insurance co. And they sent an adjuster a few days later. The insurance co. Prompted me to take the vehicle to a Mazda dealer to have the system read. I did so. The vehicle was repaired with a new air bag and module. No explanation why the air bag deployed was given to me or the insurance co. To my knowledge.

- St. Petersburg, FL, USA

Apr 302004

Tribute 4WD 6-cyl

1. recall on safety buckle, NHTSA # 03V515000. 2. airbag light continually flashing. Unsafe conditions when driving. 3. foothills Mazda in spokane, wa refuses to replace the buckle assembly stating that the warranty ran out at 50,000 miles. How does a warranty run out on a safety recall? I have tried for nearly a year to have the buckles fixed, but they refuse to do it.

- Spokane, WA, USA

Feb 152005

Tribute 4WD 4-cyl

Airbag warning light is constantly on. System has failed frequently and been repaired by dealer, only to fail again several months later.

- Lake Hopatcong, NJ, USA

Jan 222004

SRS indicator has malfunctioned twice. Dealer replaced sensor free of charge. On the third incident, dealer could not duplicate, although the light was on when the vehicle was left with the dealer.

- Upper Marlboro, MD, USA