4.1

2002 Mazda Tribute brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Mazda Tribute:

2002 Mazda Tribute Owner Comments

Oct 052006

Tribute 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2002 Mazda Tribute. The contact stated that the ABS light illuminated. After paying for the repair, he received a recall notice stating that he could be reimbursed once the proper paperwork was mailed. Mazda did not comply with that reimbursement agreement. The current mileage is 57,000 and failure mileage was 56,690.

- New Holland, PA, USA

Jul 102003

Tribute 6-cyl

Since I purchase my Mazda Tribute in April 2002, I have complained to dealer about sqeeky brakes. My brake light ofter does not go off. They said it was a bad brake cylinder cap and replaced it. My brakes still grind and again my brake light is staying on. They added fluid and it went off. They are saying that I'm probably getting ready for new front brakes. I came onto this site today to see if there are any other problems in this area. What I read astounded me. My car has never stalled. I cannot believe the reports abouts stalling and lack of control and that your organization as well as Mazda is not doing anything about it. I am now afraid to drive my car. Does someone have to die before you people say oops!!!!!!!!!

- Manalapan, NJ, USA