2003 Mazda Tribute fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Mazda Tribute:

2003 Mazda Tribute Owner Comments

Feb 122003

Tribute 6-cyl

After sitting for 2 days in feburary of 2003, my 2001 Mazda Tribute has a hard start and extrame hesitation when driving. Later the engine light came on. I had the vehicle towed to Mazda dealership who said it was caused by busted spark plug. I oked a tune up. In March 2003 after sitting two days, the same problem occurred. I called the dealership and was told they found a callapsed hose. I have not allowed the vehicle to sit for 2 days again but did notice a slight hesitation off and on and it is now December 2003 and the problem has gotten worse. And like other complaints, it starts at elevation between 45-50 mph. After 55 it's fine. It does this all the time. As of 1-2-04 I have a scheduled appointment to have it checked out. I also want to mention that about 4 months ago as I was driving to work, the vehicle stalled with no warning however, I was able to coast to the shoulder with no problems. After about 15 minutes the vehicle started with no problem.

- Knightdale, NC, USA