2006 Mazda Tribute fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Mazda Tribute:

2006 Mazda Tribute Owner Comments

Jul 072015

My Mazda Tribute V 6, 3.0 all of a sudden stopped on the highway. I had it towed to my son's house, than to the Mazda dealership. It was at the dealership when I was told what had occurred. My coils had blown out and damaged my (PCM)computer. They said it would cost $2689. I could not afford the dealership's cost so I had it towed again to a private mechanic where he replaced the coils. I went on ebay and found a reasonably priced PCM where it was programmed keys included. My research has led me into writing this letter. I found that Ford motors and their affiliates have known about this problem with the coils blowing out the PCM for quite some time and have never told the owners of their vehicles about this problem. If I had known I would have never purchased the vehicle.

- Homestead, FL, USA

Nov 012010

When cold, gas pedal will not depress. Becomes firm and resistant to pressure. Have to slam on pedal, but receive no power from engine---happens alot when trying to turn corners, will not accelerate- can cause severe if not fatal accident if this occurs at the wrong time. Please force Mazda to issue recall for this part, could be related to throttle body as well

- Wake Forest, NC, USA

Dec 172013

It is been happening more frequently, the gas pedal sticks and cannot be pressed down. Occured several times including some times when I was driving. I have seen several complaints for the same issue. I'm worry about this, it could cause an accident. Something has to be done!!

- Wooster, OH, USA

Nov 252009

Tribute 4-cyl

Have a 2006 Mazda Tribute 4cyl, and am having speed control issues when the weather is cold. The gas pedal sticks and will not depress, even when being stomped on. This issue occurs when the temperature drops below 40 degrees. It has happened when coming around a corner, or when driving in regular traffic, forcing me to coast to the shoulder, almost causing accidents. Please look into this model as well for a recall relating to this issue. Thank you

- Wake Forest, NC, USA