2008 Mazda Tribute miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Mazda Tribute:

2008 Mazda Tribute Owner Comments

Jan 182016

Sticking throlle on vehicle occurs when temperature is cold. I could not move the car at all. Gas pedal is stuck. It has happened to me at a red light as well and almost caused someone to hit me from behind. However on 1/18 I could not get the throlle unstuck at all. Mazda says there is no recall and refuses to repair my car free of charge, they do not acknowledge the recall at all. Though there is a ton of information on line from the wall street journal. and blogs re. This issue affecting over 218,000 vehicles. See articles attached is what exactly happened to me.

- North Chesterfiled, NV, USA

Mar 062015

Tribute 4-cyl

On my way out to store I backed up out of my driveway as I switched gears and went into drive my gas pedal was hard to push down on. I tried again then pedal was sticking then dropped all the way down to floor. I lift my foot off the gas pedal car continued to go in drive, I immediately pushed on breaks they were then also hard to push so I placed car in neutral and put on emergency brake to stop the vehicle.

- Oviedo, FL, USA