2008 Mazda Tribute wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Mazda Tribute:

2008 Mazda Tribute Owner Comments

Dec 032013

Tribute 4-cyl

The front wheels felt like they were loose & the tire could come off at any moment. The power steering went out went I was making a left turn. Took it to the dealer and was charged approx $2100 to replace the steering problem. Mazda was contacted and they stated that there was nothing they would do about it.

- Victorville, CA, USA

Apr 012009

I have a 2008 Mazda Tribute with 13,000 miles on it. Last week I noticed the right rear wheel was tilted out or in technical terms it had extreme negative camber. I got underneath the vehicle and saw that the lower ball joint had come out of the control arm. The lower control arm is designed for the ball joint to fit in a stamped steel sleeve then bolt tight to the rear spindle once the ball joint is dislodged from the control arm the integrity of the ball joint and the control arm are compromised. I called the dealer and explained what had happened and he told me to bring it in right away for fear that the rear wheel could collapse under the vehicle. I'm well aware of what could happen but I'm more concerned that a warranty repair would not solve the cause of the problem. I'm also concerned the problem would die at the dealership and not be brought to the proper personnel attention. I'm going to take pictures of the ball joint and control arm before I take it in for the repair. I really don't feel safe driving the vehicle now that I know what could possibly happen. I can't believe that this has never happened to any other Tribute or escape. I don't plan on driving this vehicle until I receive a return response from your department.

- Punta Gorda, FL, USA