4.2

2010 Mazda Tribute electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Mazda Tribute:

2010 Mazda Tribute Owner Comments

Mar 062013

Tribute 4WD 6-cyl

For the past 6 months my car will periodically loose power, I would be in the middle of a busy street, in stop and go traffic, or anywhere, and suddenly have no acceleration at all. It would then jerk very violently until I just shut it off. After 2 or 3 episodes, my car would be fine for several weeks, before happening again. Early on there were no dash lights that came on and the dealership could not identify any problem. After about 4 months there was finally an engine light and a code that indicated an issue with the electronic throttle body. But the dealership says they are still not sure what is wrong with my car, because they could not duplicate the problem. Now my car is out of warranty, and I am still having the same issue, however it is occurring more frequently, to the point it is not safe to drive my car anymore. When my husband looked up the part 2 weeks ago the price was $176 żż yesterday he called to get a price and they are now $350 or more at dealerships, (grapevine Ford) that have them in stock, or dealerships that haven't jacked up the price (hiley Mazda), they are out of stock and on back order.

- Keller, TX, USA