2010 Mazda Tribute steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Mazda Tribute:

2010 Mazda Tribute Owner Comments

May 232014

Tribute 4-cyl

Power steering intermittently cuts out due to powersteering sensor within column.

- Copley, OH, USA

Aug 142013

Tribute 4-cyl

Was driving on large blvd thru town at approx. 45+ mpg, the car all of a sudden quit accelerating, the wrench light came on, all power to car was essentially loss and it began convulsing abruptly as a I maneuvered it off the road to a safe stopping spot. I called aaa and had it towed to dealer. Dealer had the car for 3 days, could never find anything or get it to reproduce what I experienced, so I was charged the $120 diagnostic fee without it being fixed and sent home with my fingers crossed. The car behaved for awhile, but then it started doing it again on and off over the next 6 months. Because of the $120 fee for nothing I had been hesitant to go back until recently when I was on the freeway (a couple of times) and the car did the same thing! luckily I was in the slow lane and could pull over quickly, turn off the car, count to 10 and then start it up again and go. These last few times it was several times a day, so I took it back to the dealer (car is supposedly certified) as of this writing they have had the car again for 3 days, and just now, at the end of the work day have decided it is the throttle body that needs replacing. It is "conveniently" not listed in the "covered components" of the certified warranty. Its going to cost $500+ to get my car back + the cost of the rental car I've had to get because they don't have loaners, just a shuttle, which does me no good on a daily basis.

- Costa Mesa, CA, USA