2007 Mercedes-Benz E350 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Mercedes-Benz E350:

2007 Mercedes-Benz E350 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 4)

Apr 052011

E350 6-cyl

The above date is an estimate: Transmission slips causing car to stall and almost got rear-ended. Took car that was under warranty to dealership and they could not find an issue with transmission. Problem have gotten worst. Googled issue and found a lot of complaints about the same issue. The more serious problem is my car reeks with the smell of gasoline. Took car to same dealer and they said they fixed the problem but my car still smell of gasoline. I actually get nausea when driving and eyes began to burn. If I was a smoker, I would be afraid to light a cigarette in my car. My garage also smell of gasoline when I park. Wsbtv in atlanta did a series on this issue last month because of the many complaints. Someone will be injured or killed if these issues is not address. Dealer is Mercedes Benz of South atlanta.

- Stockbridge, GA, USA

Apr 012014

E350 6-cyl

Parked car in garage and there is an extremely strong gasoline odor that not only fills the garage but has seeped in to the house overnight. Possible catastrophic explosion potential.

- Monroe, NC, USA

Feb 252014

E350 6-cyl

Gas gauge once gets to 1/2 tank no longer shows how much gas is in the tank smell gas fumes after refueling.

- Jonesboro, GA, USA

Mar 012008

E350 6-cyl

I noticed shortly after I bought the car in 2008 a strong gas odor when I filled the tank. I was told this was normal for a Mercedes. I have since learned that the issue is gas pooling under the back seat where the gas tank is located. I am very alarmed to find that this is the reason for the strong gas odor in the vehicle cabin and inside my garage. This issue is a definite safety risk and I was shocked at how insensitive and uncooperative Mercedes Benz of na was when I contacted their customer service. I am paying out of pocket to fix the problem, however, believe this should be on Mercedes Benz's dime. I am filing this complaint against Mercedes for that reason and plead for your support.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Jan 312014

E350 6-cyl

Smelled gas inside vehicle after filling up, engine light came on, and the smell was extremely overwhelming with gas fumes. I had to roll all windows and sunroof down in 20 degrees weather. Contacted Mercedes Benz atlanta on piedmont (all records on file with up keep of vehicle maintenance) to advise. First available appointment was Tuesday 8 am. Took the car to be repaired and I am stuck with a $1400 repair bill. I was told by my service advisor that in 7 years the fuel pump goes out and has to be replaced" really Mercedes" this is a manufacture defect and the consumer should not be held accountable for something this major. So much for high end top of the line. This is certainly a defect and needs to be recalled immediately. I want my money back and Mercedes need to send my check immediately. I will think long and hard before I purchase another Mercedes since this is the normal expectancy for Mercedes upscale performance.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Dec 022013

E350 6-cyl

Excessive gas smell inside and outside of vehicle. After tightening the gas cap and trying to figure out what the problem was, I contacted the main New Jersey office Jan 24 to report that I was afraid to drive the car any longer. That day, the car was towed to the local Mercedes Benz; I was initially informed that the smell was due to a leaking gas tank. However the leak was coming from the fuel filter/seal/cover ring for which I was charged $570.70 to replace. At that time, mileage was 128,318.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Dec 232013

E350 6-cyl

My check engine light went on and I immediately took the car to my Mercedes dealer who, after investigating, said that I had a leak in the seam of my fuel tank. The leak was in the passenger compartment but I couldn't sense any gasoline odor. The dealer said that the tank had to be replaced and the charge would be $2200. I left the car for repair and when I picked it up the dealer said they would pay half the cost. After checking reports of the same problem on the web, I have been wondering if Mercedes is covering up a potentially lethal defect in that model.

- Mount Pleasant, SC, USA

Jan 092014

E350 6-cyl

I bought my car used a couple of months ago. The last two times I filled my fuel tank I smell gas in my garage. When I only fill to 3/4 or less there's no gas smell. The smell will subside once my gas drops to 3/4 full. This was repeatable both times I filled my fuel tank. Please reference NHTSA action# PE12001.

- Simi Valley, CA, USA

Jan 052014

E350 6-cyl

Filled up my 2007 Mercedes E350 on 1/4/14 and came home. I was awakened by a strong odor of gas smell. Went into the garage and was meet with even a stronger odor of gasoline. This is a dangerous situation due to the fact that my water heaters are located in my garage and I don't want to have an explosion due to the vapors. I have noticed multiple complaints on this issue and an investigation is being done. I just hope that no one is injured or killed before something is done to take care of this.

- Frisco, TX, USA

Sep 182013

E350 6-cyl

Gas leak when fueling causing gasoline fumes in the vehicle. Very dangerous!!

- Avondale, AZ, USA

Dec 262013

E350 6-cyl

After fueling my car, gasoline smell became intolerably strong. I called the dealer and they told me that the 2007 E350 is known for leaks and I should bring it for a diagnostic check. The manufacturer according to the dealer is aware but no federal action has been mandated. Estimates could range from $1000 to $2000. Bummer.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Aug 012012

E350 6-cyl

After fueling car, there is a strong raw fuel smell that permeates the car. It will last for about 40 miles then will subside. If you have not driven sufficient mileage before parking, the smell can last for days, weeks and/or months. If the car happens to be parked on an incline, the fumes are strong enough to keep you out of the car.

- St. Louis Park, MN, USA

Nov 132013

E350 6-cyl

Every time I fill up my gas my garage smells of strong gas order. No visible gas leak and no smell in the car, just inside the garage.

- Lexington, NC, USA

Nov 272013

E350 6-cyl

My 2007 Mercedes E350 has a fuel tank leak as determined by the Mercedes dealership services dept. My extended warranty has expired just 2 weeks before the check engine appeared and that is why I brought it to the dealership. The dealer wants to charge me $2,700 for replacing the fuel tank. Reference NHTSA action number: PE12001.

- Houston, TX, USA

Oct 012013

E350 6-cyl

There was a very strong fuel smell that began 8 months ago every time I parked the car in the garage. It was almost like someone spilled some gasoline on the floor. A month ago the check engine light came on and indicated a P0456 error code on the obdii reader. I brought it in for a smoke test to find the leak and the driver's side fuel sending unit was leaking. After it was replaced, the check engine light still came on. The Mercedes dealership said the fuel tank itself was cracked on the top part of the fuel tank where the 'nipples' are that connect the hoses to the carbon canister. I noticed online on Mercedes forums that this is a very common complaint and that there is a lawsuit against Mercedes for such a common defect.

- Scottsdale, AZ, USA

Aug 302013

E350 6-cyl

This is the second incident in 3 years involving my fuel tank! there is definitely a defect here!! the first time, I had my fuel tank replaced in 2010 (at 37,473 miles) because of a very strong odor of gasoline from inside the cabin of the vehicle after I would fill-up. This time I began to notice a very strong odor of gasoline from outside of the car, at the rear, left side of my vehicle, when it was parked in my garage. I took my car in for a regular service, and I was told that the mechanic also noticed a strong odor of gasoline from the rear left side of the vehicle. I have to take it back for further inspection. There is no fuel leaking onto the ground beneath the car, but there is clearly a leak somewhere. I searched online for recalls and came across this complaint.

- Canyon Country, CA, USA

Oct 022013

E350 6-cyl

My car smell of gas fumes when I fill up. Online research has shown me that many other mb owners have the same problem. The mb gas sending units are leaking under the back seat. There was a recall for 2003 to 2006 models but not 2007 although many 2007 models have the same problem. I have young children that I often take with me in this car and feel this is a major health and safety issue. This is their defect. Please help me to get mb to correct this problem as it is a safety and emissions issue and they are to blame. Thank you.

- Bristow , VA, USA

Jul 132011

E350 6-cyl

My car smell of gas fumes when I fill up until it empties to 3/4 full. Online research has shown me that many other mb owners have the same problem. The mb gas sending units are leaking under the back seat. There was a recall for 2003 to 2006 models but not 2007 although many 2007 models have the same problem. I went to Mercedes-Benz of beverly hills and they would not correct the problem. I told them I felt that this is an emissions problem and a defect by mb and I should not be held liable to pay for their defect. Please help me to get mb to correct this problem as it is a safety and emissions issue and they are to blame.

- Huntington Beach, CA, USA

Sep 252013

E350 6-cyl

Local car dealership service reported that our vehicle was leaking fuel. This conversation occurred through my wife (her car), via telephone, and when I asked "why" I received the answer "normal wear and tear." The service write-up indicates that both fuel senders required replacement, at a cost of approx. $1200, which was performed. I believe this is simply another instance where the fuel sending units on a Mercedes E350 W211 chassis are leaking fuel, creating an extremely hazardous condition.

- Cary, NC, USA

Sep 012013

E350 6-cyl

Parked in garage. Every morning I would smell strong gas odor. Told by jackson automotive the gas tank was leaking. Asked them if gas tanks should go bad and they said no. They should last a lifetime. They charged me $1922.31 to replace and $41.08 for gas they put in new tank.

- Eatonton, GA, USA