2010 Mercury Milan engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Mercury Milan:

2010 Mercury Milan Owner Comments (Page 4 of 9)

Jan 112013

Milan 6-cyl

I was driving my Mercury Milan when it starting surging and then lost all power.since that date it has happened to me at least 50 more times, some worse then others.this is very dangerous as it has happened as I have entered intersections, putting my life in danger of being hit !! I have taken it to the dealer but they said it is no longer under warranty so it would cost over $600 which I do not have.this is making me sick as now I am afraid to drive my car even though I have to in order to get back and forth from work!!

- Cannon Falls, MN, USA

Milan 6-cyl

Driving to work one morning my car appeared to stall without warning on the incline of a viaduct. It slowed dramatically without me braking, so there were no brake lights to warn other drivers. I was fortunate the driver behind me was paying attention and did not run into me. I made an emergency maneuver to get off the road, and called aaa for a tow. While on hold with aaa, I restarted my car. It appeared to be working normally, so I went to work without incident. Later in the day my car seemed to stall again on the way to lunch. This was in a remote area with no other traffic. Again it restarted, and worked fine on my return to work. While driving home it happened a third time in a construction zone. I had to pull over near huge rollers that were leveling newly laid asphalt. Luckily it started again and I merged back into construction traffic and drove home. I called the Ford dealer I bought the car from. They told me over the phone it sounded like another bad throttle body. I got a ride to work the next day, and took it in as soon as I could get an appointment. The Ford dealer replaced the throttle body, and I have had no problems since.

- Beecher, IL, USA

Aug 012013

Milan

The contact owns a 2010 Mercury Milan. The contact stated that the vehicle stalled sporadically. The check engine light illuminated after the failure occurred. The vehicle was taken to the mechanic where a diagnostic was performed, which located the failure at the throttle body actuator. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not available. The failure and current mileage was 104,000.

- Candon , TN, USA

Sep 072013

Milan 4-cyl

While driving on interstate at 70 miles per hour, the car jerked and the car immediately decelerated. The throttle warning light came on and we had to maneuver through multiple lanes of traffic to get to the shoulder. The car was idling very rough. Parked the car and turned off the ignition. Restarted the car and it ran fine for 2 days, when it occurred again, this time we were driving at 40 miles per hour. It has since occurred 5 more times, mostly at highway speeds, during rush hour. This has occurred both with the air conditioner running and when it was off. We have come very close to being rear-ended multiple times, we were not in safe situations and this is our only vehicle. I am unable to afford a rental car and the dealership will not provide us with a safe vehicle.

- Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Aug 242013

Milan 4-cyl

2010 Mercury Milan. Consumer writes in regards to sudden deceleration while stepping on gas pedal. The consumer stated even though he was stepping on the gas pedal, the vehicle was shaking and lurching. The vehicle would not move any faster. The vehicle was towed to the dealer, where they replaced the throttle body and reprogrammed the PCM.

- Falls Church, VA, USA

Sep 172013

Milan 6-cyl

Vehicle stalls out, no RPM's, over $400 in repairs to an item that should last a lifetime in a vehicle, I understand this is a common problem in Ford Fusion and Mercury Milan's. the electronic throttle body should be a recalled item. This could cause an accident if vehicle stalls on a major highway.

- Lawrenceburg, KY, USA

Sep 142013

Milan

At dusk on Saturday september14,2013 traveling North bound on 6 lane interstate I-55 in far left lane at 67 mph with cruise control on the car began to slow RPM returned to idling speed under 800 RPM and was unresponsive to accelerator pressure. The traffic was heavy and I was lucky to be able to move across lanes and reach the shoulder before car had slowed to 5 mph. The wrench light came on. Shut off the car restarted it and accelerator was responsive began to accelerate to merge back on to highway and again lost power. Shut off car again and accelerating very slowly was able to reach an exit about 1 mile away before car again lost power. Called for a tow back home as vehicle was unsafe. Car taken to dealership September 16th for repair and the throttle body needed to be replaced. I learned on line that this seems to be a common problem with certain Ford and Mercury products but there has been no recall to fix this defective part which puts the driver and passenger in grave danger when the throttle body malfunctions.luckily I was in a fairly populated area and cell phone service was available. I fear what could have happened if traffic had been even heavier or been in a more remote area. These products should be recalled as they present a serious safety issues for drivers.

- Naperville, IL, USA

Milan 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Mercury Milan. The contact stated that while driving approximately 30 mph, the accelerator failed to respond to acceleration attempts without warning. The contact also mentioned that the failure recurred approximately one mile after starting the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing and the mechanic stated that throttle body motor assembly had to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified. The failure mileage was 18,925. The approximate current mileage was 19,100. Updated 10/17/13 updated 10/25/2013

- Panama City Beach, FL, USA

Sep 122013

Milan 4-cyl

Car suddenly stalled in intersection with cross lane traffic and on mass transit trolley track. Move to other side of intersection and restarted fine, then stalled again on highway multiple times. Pulled vehicle over each time and it restarted, yet stalled again after a short amount of time. Check engine light was on steady (non-blinking). Had vehicle towed to Ford dealership would indicated the throttle body was bad and must be replaced.

- Mattapoisett, MA, USA

Sep 132013

Milan 6-cyl

Driving 2 weeks ago, going 45 mph and the accelerator stopped working. Engine was running and I could still safely pull it over to the side of the road. I turned the vehicle off and then back on and it worked again. Since there were many areas of non-safe roads to pull over, I decided to have it towed home. It has driven fine ever since, until today, going 55mph, on the interstate, accelerator stops working. I safely pulled over, turned off and restarted engine. I safely drove to my nearest Ford dealership where they say it is the throttle sensor. Why is this not eligible for recall yet as I read these many, many pages of posts on the same thing? I have to wait until November for the part as it is on backorder. No safe car to drive until then.

- Chesapeake, VA, USA

Sep 102013

Milan 4-cyl

I was driving on the northway preparing to get in the right lane to exit and I lost all speed, no acceleration was possible but I still had radio/A/C, etc. I was able to get over and stop the car and when I put it in park it "sputtered" until I shut the engine off entirely. I waited a few moments and turned the engine back on and it started fine and then drove fine the rest of my drive. When I got back to work I researched this problem online and was surprised at the number of complaints for the same issue. Everyone had taken their car to a dealership or mechanic and could not figure it out. No warning lights came on in the dash. Finally after reading so many of the same complaints one car owner stated that a diagnosis resulted in code P2111 (faulty throttle body). I'm concerned about driving this car and having it happen again. I drive on a fast 3 lane highway about 20 miles each way to work and it's not always very easy to get over to safety. After seeing this has been investigated in another state I am hopeful it results in a recall so this problem can be properly addressed and fixed. Please help!

- Clifton Park, NY, USA

Sep 102013

Milan 4-cyl

While driving, the car was unable to accelerate and stalled. The wrench light also came on. Once pulled over, I restarted the car and was able to drive it back home without further incident.

- Galloway, OH, USA

Milan 6-cyl

Driving 55 mph car powers down and yellow wrench warning light goes on. Car will not accelerate. Immediately pull over to prevent from getting rear-ended. Let car sit for ten minutes and restarted. Car traveled.25 miles before powering down once again. Brought it to dealership who said it was the was electronic throttle body. 650 dollars later the problem was fixed. I see that this has affected a multitude of Ford vehicles. Unfortunately, one of them was mine. Ford needs to issue a recall for this part. Someone could seriously be hurt when traveling at a high rate of speed and losing engine power.

- Jenison, MI, USA

Aug 302013

Milan 6-cyl

On August 30th, 2013, the vehicle engine would not run over 2000 RPM during a drive at 40 mph no matter how hard push the gas paddle. After pushed the brake, slowed down and stopped the vehicle, engine still would not run over 2000 RPM. Then I put the shift in parking, turn off engine (using key), restart it, the engine had choke sound and would not run over 1500 RPM. After that a gentle man helped me to park my car in his driveway. I called the dealership and had the tow truck towed the vehicle. When the incident happened, it had me, my wife and 2 children in the car, and happened when I drove the vehicle across the railroad cross. After 4 days including weekends, the dealership target the problem is the throttle body assembly.

- Spring Arbor, MI, USA

Sep 012013

Milan

While attempting to accelerate, the vehicle appeared to stall and the wrench indicator showed on the dash. The vehicle had no power and idled very rough. After pulling off the road I shut the car off and restarted it, the indicator light was still on and I had no throttle. The only way I was able to get the vehicle to move was to clear the code using a code reader. This allowed me to get the vehicle safely home. I was able to drive it to the dealer however, since I cleared the code to make the vehicle operational they would not correct the issue because their diagnostic equipment didn't see anything wrong. Even with me providing them the code that was indicated (P2112) and offering to provide them the tsb that was issued and the NHTSA #.

- Coraopolis, PA, USA

Aug 212013

Milan 6-cyl

Was driving vehicle on expressway about 60 mph in fast lane, lost all acceleration. I was still trying to accelerate and the speed was dropping and I had to cross three lanes of traffic to get to the side of the road. The wrench light was on and I turned the car off. I decided to try to move a little father up to a wider shoulder so I started the car again and the wrench light was out and it seem to run ok. I was very blessed that I moved to the side without being hit by all the big trucks and cars around me. The dealer tells me it is the throttle and I do not have extended warranty and my warranty has run out. I am very concerned as I see there are other complaints of this nature with this car. I could have been run over by a truck or caused a lot of cars to crash and kill a lot of people when this happened. I Transport grandchildren four days a week in this car and I am very concerned that this has not been recalled and fixed. My last Mercury I had 13 years and never had such a scare. What will it take for Ford to do something about this" a rear end collision with a fire to kill a lot of people on the expressway"

- Fayetteville, GA, USA

Aug 192013

Milan

The contact owns a 2010 Mercury Milan. The contact stated that while traveling approximately 60 mph, the vehicle suddenly lost acceleration power. The vehicle was moved to the shoulder where it was shut down and restarted. The vehicle resumed normal function. The contact mentioned that the failure recurred one week later. The vehicle was neither repaired nor diagnosed. The manufacturer was not contacted about the failure. The failure mileage was 89,000.

- Cincinnatti, OH, USA

Aug 232013

Milan

I have owned this vehicle for the past year and a half. There have been times when initially putting the vehicle into drive or reverse, that I would notice a surge, but nothing more than that. And nothing I thought anymore about. Yesterday the car drove a couple of blocks normally, then started the same surging but this time the surging did not stop and I had to have the vehicle towed to a dealer. They told me the throttle body was stuck open and it has to be replaced.

- Assaria, KS, USA

Jul 232013

Milan 4-cyl

I was driving about 65 mph on the freeway, when all of a sudden my car starts shaking. I tried to get off the freeway but the car had no power so I tried to move to the shoulder as quickly as possible, bad idea. As my speed is decreasing rapidly there is cars honking and trying to move around to avoid hitting me. I get to the median, between and exit and the freeway, and turn off my car. I turn on my car again and as I tried to get onto the freeway the car wont let me pick up speed and it starts shaking again. I was stuck in the median for around 10 minutes before traffic got clear enough for me to enter the lane as slow as possible, being that every time I stepped on the gas to get in the lane it would start shaking. To me this is a dangerous problem and can't believe it is not a recall. I hope something is done about this issue because for the money they charge us for these cars they could at least make a car that wont crap out so soon!

- Pasadena, TX, USA

Jul 132013

Milan 6-cyl

While driving home from work on the highway at 65mph my car just stopped throttling and lost power dropping me to like 5mph the lil wrench light came on on the left then went off yet I still had no power. So I immediately turned on the hazzard lights and tried to make it to the side of the road through traffic and turned the car off after a few minutes I tried to start the car and it came on like normal to my surprise so I started to drive only to have it happen again and again before making it home. I literally just purchased the car 2 months prior and its been at the dealership, as they try to talk to Ford about the problem and how to get it corrected for the past month!

- Manassas, VA, USA