2010 Mercury Milan engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Mercury Milan:

2010 Mercury Milan Owner Comments (Page 6 of 9)

Jul 242013

Milan

Went approximately 1 mile after starting the car. Suddenly it started bucking and jerking and slowed dramatically. No one was behind me, or it could have caused a hazardous situation. Turned off of road. Turned the car off and restarted it. It ran normally and drove about another mile, then the bucking and jerking happened again. Took car to an area and parked it. Took car in for repair and told that the throttle body needed to be replaced.

- Massillon, OH, USA

Jul 232013

Milan 4-cyl

Driving in city traffic when the car began to stall. Almost rear ended by the car behind me. Wrench light came on and the car stopped. I turned it off and then back on and was able to creep to a shoulder when it stalled out again. $500 repair and $55 tow. My mechanic told me the Ford Motor Co. Was well aware of the problem and that it has been happening when the mileage gets around 50,000 miles. This is inexcusable. I'm going to sue them in magistrates court on Monday.

- Aiken, SC, USA

Jul 012013

Milan

Electronic throttle body stuck open and vehicle went into "limp mode". I was forced to coast to the side of the road, and shut off the vehicle. After a few seconds, I restarted the vehicle, and within five minutes, the same thing happened. I have had the car parked ever since because I feel that this is unsafe, as when this occurs, I have no ability to accelerate, I just have to hope that the cars behind me are paying attention.

- Goodlettsville, TN, USA

Jul 212013

Milan 6-cyl

Driving 65 mph on highway and car lost all power and yellow wrench light illuminated on dash. With car in limp mode pulled over to service lane. Car towed to local Ford dealer. Dealer replaced defective battery but found no codes stored in computer. Dealer test drove vehicle and reported no problem. Three days later same incident (loss of power and wrench light). Shut vehicle off and restarted it and engine had normal power L with wrench light extinguished. Drove vehicle to local Ford dealer and left it there for more diagnostics and repair. Very dangerous condition and feeling for all engine power to be gone unexpectedly.

- Carmel, NY, USA

Jul 122013

Milan 6-cyl

When I press the accelerator the car stalls out, or goes "limp". this has happened several times. When I turn the car off and restart it the car runs fine for a minute. Took it to Ford they said it was the throttle body part.

- Austell, GA, USA

Jul 232013

Milan

I work for the drug enforcement administration and my official government vehicle a 2010 Ford Mercury Milan stalled while driving on the highway at approximately 60 to 65 per hour. The car stalled and I had to pull over. I took the vehicle to the mechanic and was advised that there is a problem with the throttle body which causes the vehicle to stall. The part is on back order with Ford and a internet search for this problem is pretty wide spread. The stalling of a vehicle traveling on the highway is a serious hazard to the public. I don't know if this problem has been addressed with the Ford Motor Company.

- Central Islip, NY, USA

Jul 192013

Milan 4-cyl

While driving on expressway the throttle started dropping down to idle speed and the accelerator stopped working and the power steering was gone only manual steering left. The vehicle lost power and started coasting. Pulled over and stopped shut off the engine restarted and the car started up and ran normally for 10 miles than it did it again.

- Parchment, MI, USA

Jul 042013

Milan

The first incident occurred while traveling on a highway going almost 60 mph when the cruise control stopped and the car slowed and when you pushed the gas petal it did nothing. We slowed and tried to pull to the side of the road, as the car was almost to a stop it started jerking and sputtering almost dying. We put it in park and turned the engine off. We turned the engine back on and it started just fine then this same thing continued to happen every few miles. Check engine light was on so we took it in to have a computer hooked up to see what was wrong but the check engine light had turned off so they were unsure. The problem seemed to just go away for about a week and then it happened again and we got it in and hooked up to a computer and got the codes which we were informed meant we needed the throttle body replaced and it was a common problem with these cars and to contact a Ford dealer. Since this last incident it has happened multiple times causing us to not be able to drive the car even a few blocks without it happening 3-4 times. We are now without a vehicle as it is not only unsafe to drive but very inconvenient to have to stop and go a million times to make a short drive. This is ridiculous and from all I have researched it a huge problem for many owners of these and similar cars! this is dangerous and should be recalled and those with issues should not be responsible for making these repairs!

- Antigo, WI, USA

Aug 092012

Milan

Driving down highway car went into limp mode. Had to pull over restart car. Was good for a while now its doing it 2-3 times just driving a couple miles. If car is left idling sometimes it just dies on its own. Trouble code P2111 comes up. Wanted to change the throttle body but they are on national back order.

- Calumet, MI, USA

Jul 172013

Milan 6-cyl

Driving on the interstate at about 70 mph, the engine lost power and would not accelerate. The wrench light came on. I was able to pull over on the shoulder, although there were a couple close calls since it was rush hour. The engine stuttered some but did not die, even though I could not accelerate or go faster than 3mph or so. I turned the car off, waited about 20 seconds, then turned it back on. When turning it back on, it took longer than usual to turn over, but started, and the wrench light did not come back on. I continued my drive home like normal and there were no problems. I went out the same evening on a 15 minute drive, and the same incident happened twice. Once when stopped at a stoplight, once going 30mph. After I made it to my destination, and tried going home about 1.5 hours later, on the same 15 minute drive, I had no problems. I'm told its throttle body issue, which is very common in 2010 Mercury Milan. It is very dangerous to lose power, especially when it seems to happen at random times. I hope there is a recall soon so I can get my money back on repairs since this is obviously a defect.

- Kansas City, MO, USA

Jun 202013

Milan 6-cyl

Pulling on to a busy street the vehicle lost all power. We were nearly rear ended and had to deal with an agitated driver. The vehicle would idle but had no power. This allowed us to move to the side of the road. After a period of the time the vehicle was restarted and performed normally. Although this problem happened repeatedly before we made it home. Autoserv, 40 E main St., tilton nh confirmed that is was a defective throttle body. Contact with the Ford regional rep. Showed that of the 3 year / 30,000 mile bumper to bumper this vehicle had 22,000 miles and 3 years and 2 weeks. Thus there was no Ford restitution. Personally, with my experience above, I believe this is a very serious safety concern.

- Laconia, NH, USA

Jul 072013

Milan 6-cyl

Driving on highway when I was no longer able accelerate in my 2010 Mercury Milan. The car began to jerk and the throttle control/transmission light came on. I turned car off and on and then could drive a few more miles when it repeated the scenario above. I was able to drive it to dealership. It did that a total of 6 times on the way to dealership and eventually both the throttle control & the service engine soon light was on. Dealership fixed my car, replacing the throttle body but charged me saying the problem was not under any warranty.

- Irving, TX, USA

Jul 032013

Milan 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Mercury Milan. The contact stated that while driving 50 mph, the vehicle began to independently decelerate without warning. The vehicle was maneuvered to the side of the road where the engine was turned off. The vehicle resumed normally upon restarting. The failure recurred four times. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer, who stated that the electronic throttle body would need to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the defect. The approximate failure mileage was 86,000. Updated 8/19/13

- Woodbury, MN, USA

Jul 152013

Milan 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Mercury Milan. The contact stated while driving 45 mph, the vehicle decelerated without manual force and the check engine light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing and they stated the throttle body needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired and the manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 73,000.

- Grifton , NC, USA

Jul 082013

Milan

While driving at 50-60 mph the car would start to slow and then there would be no throttle response, this happened 4 times in 40 miles, and luckily I was able to pull of the road with no problems. After the car sat for 5-10 minutes I was able to get it going and then about 10 miles later it would happen again. Got it to a Ford dealer and found out it is a bad throttle body. This part is on national back order with no idea when available. Had to rent a car to get home that day at a cost of $200.

- Arlington, WA, USA

Jun 272013

Milan

I was driving to work with the cruise control set at 55mph. The car suddenly lost power and throttle response. There was a wrench warning light lit up on the instrument panel. Had no choice but to pull the car over to the shoulder. I turned off the car and restarted it. The wrench light disappeared and I had throttle response. I drove it 3 more miles down the highway and the car did it again. I pulled to an off ramp and took the car by city streets back home. I later took the car to my fathers shop where they hooked up a handheld 'scanner' to it and was unable to pull the wrench light code. I tooled the car back home and parked it and started driving my truck. I had my mechanic buddy bring his mac tool scanner to my house and we hooked it to the car and he was unable to pull the code. So we drove the car with the scanner hooked up and waited for the car to act up again. It acted up again on the highway. We pulled over and got a code saying the "tac is stuck open". I believe it to be a bad throttle body assembly. I researched this on google.

- Kansas City , MO, USA

Jun 262013

Milan 6-cyl

Commuting home from work the gas pedal became unresponsive, the entire began running very rough, and the red wrench symbol illuminated on my drivers display. Coasted to a safe spot to pull off, turned off the car let it sit for a minute or two, restarted the car, the display was clear, gas pedal response was good, and engine sounded normal. Drove home without further incident. Four days later a similar incident, contacted my Ford garage, described the problem and made an appointment for a diagnostic. Diagnostic came back with the throttle body diagnosis, the parts are on back order with no estimated receiving date. Will cost just under $500 to repair, 3 months out of bumper to bumper coverage, just under 27K on the car. Not covered under the extended power train coverage because it is a sensor/ electrical problem. I am 7th or 8th in line for the part when it becomes available at my local dealership.

- Amherst , NY, USA

Jun 252013

Milan 6-cyl

While traveling at approx.70 mph on the highway the vehicle, a 2010 Mercury Milan premier, lost ability to accelerate. While vehicle was idling at 1000rpm there was no acceleration at the gas pedal. Vehicle pulled to side of road, placed in park and restarted. This condition happened eleven times on a 22 mile commute from work. Approximately every eight minutes. As traffic was very heavy this was a very dangerous situation. Vehicle has just over 36000 miles.

- Alliance, OH, USA

Jun 292013

Milan

Driving on freeway when vehicle acceleration became unresponsive. Pulled over to the side of the freeway and could tell engine was still running but not well. Turned vehicle of using the key and restarted the engine. It was a little hesitant to start - it took 5-6 seconds of the key being turned for it to start but had no problems after until the next occurrence. This occurred around 5-6 times until I could get it to the dealership with no regard for speed/road conditions/driving conditions. One moment it was fine the next it had no acceleration.

- Walled Lake, MI, USA

Jul 062013

Milan 4-cyl

Engine intermittently fails to accelerate when depressing accelerator, threw engine code P2111. This problem appears to be temporarily corrected by turning car off, then back on. This incident has occurred at both high speeds & around town driving. Also noted that the days of occurrence, the outside temperature was over 90 degrees.

- Egg Harbor Twp., NJ, USA