2. sand and repaint (1 reports)
  3. strip car of all paint and re-paint with primer first (1 reports)
2004 Mercury Mountaineer body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Mercury Mountaineer:

2004 Mercury Mountaineer Owner Comments

Nov 112013

Mountaineer V8

This is my second complaint. I was ignored on the first one which has to do with cracked back window. Which at times leaks. Now my complaint has to do with the roof which is rusting and paint is peeling off. I cannot afford to pay to get these things fixed as I am a widow and on social security. Thank you for your attention in this matter.

Someone did contact me about the crack in my rear door. She was someone who had the same problem.

- , Egg Harbor, NJ, USA

Jun 082009

We have taken good care of the car and it is not in the sun all the time paint should not be peeling yet.

- , San Diego, CA, USA

Jul 062010

Mountaineer V8

click to see larger images

paint peeling paint peeling paint peeling paint peeling paint peeling

I bought my 2004 Mercury Mountaineer July 14, 2009. I just found the paint peeling off on July 6, 2010, as I was hand washing it. I did some research and found that Ford has a paint peeling problem on most of their vehicles from 2000-2005, including mine. I am very disappointed in the quality and shoddy workmanship. I expected more from Ford. I called Ford and all they could say was oh well that is my problem, because it is out of warranty. Well there is such a thing as "IMPLIED WARRANTY". Look it up, it may be helpful if you have this same problem. So now, I am going about the procedure the correct way. I have documented pictures, mileage, called Ford customer(don't) care, had a Ford dealership document with photos and send the report findings to Ford, put a complaint in at the BBB, and now have made appointments at two different body shops for paint estimates. All that is left is to file at small claims court. Wish me good luck!!! I shall prevail!!!

- , S, MD, USA

Jan 232010

Mountaineer Awd 8-4 .6-Fi 4d

when I called Ford they said they checked and there had been n reports of this problem. Repairs were up to me.

- , Merrillville, IN, USA