2003 Nissan 350Z electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Nissan 350Z:

2003 Nissan 350Z Owner Comments

Aug 162005

350Z 6-cyl

This is the second time this incident happens to this car. 1st time 9/23/04 driving along and engine stopped running, it would start but ran rough and would stop running again and again. Had it towed to gwinnett place Nissan in duluth ga (the closet dealership to my home)- they couldn't find anything wrong with my car - so I was stuck with wrecker fee. 2nd time-- 8/16/05 had to slow down due to traffic, and when I shifted into 3rd gear to speed up again engine stopped running. I shifted into neutral and started it again, once placed into gear it stopped running. I pulled over and tried idling between 3000 RPM and noticed that engine surged B'tween 2500 and 3000 RPM. And ran rough. If I released accelerator engine would idle very low and stop running. Started it one last time to see if I could get going but when I placed it in gear and released clutch it stopped running. I called gwinnett place Nissan and had vehicle towed there. I informed the service tech that in Nissan's web site there was a recall for 350Z for a "crank position sensor" and the VIN# in my car was within that group. He looked at their database and said there were no outstanding codes for my car. They found nothing wrong with my car the second time around neither. Both occurrances, dealership stated there are no stored codes in ECU and no pending codes for this vehicle. I called Nissan North America national Consumer Affairs at 888-737-2647 and they stated that there was a recall for my car and the VIN # was within the range stated by Nissan - and gave me a file # 5039832 and are still checking to see if they can help me.

- Duluth, GA, USA