2003 Nissan 350Z wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Nissan 350Z:

2003 Nissan 350Z Owner Comments

Jan 202009

I own a 2003 Nissan 350Z with stock 7 spoke wheels and have found that my right front wheel(rim) has a crack in one spoke that goes all the way through. The left front wheel has 2 spokes that have cracks that are all the way through the spokes.

- Campbell, CA, USA

Jul 202005

350Z 6-cyl

I received a notice in the mail from Nissan in the spring of 2004 concerning a toe out condition that could cause irregular tire wear on the inner edge of the front tires. I took my car in on 7/29/04 to the Nissan dealer & asked if this was going to be an ongoing problem with the Z & was told, "no, once it is adjusted, it will repair the problem". supposedly fixed, with new front tires and 1 year later, I returned to Nissan with the same issue. I questioned them about the previous year service & was told "I probably hit a pot hole and that I needed an alignment, which I was charged for, but my concerns about the tire feathering were ignored. After some research I found that the "03 Z was manufactured with this factory defect which the newer models don't have. This tells me that this is fixable. Being a severe safety issue, the factory setting of the toe adjustmentwhich causes feathering on the inside front tires & their yearly needed replacement is clearly the liability of the manufacturer, not the consumer! what can be done about this?

- Bakersfield, CA, USA