2004 Nissan 350Z engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Nissan 350Z:

2004 Nissan 350Z Owner Comments

Oct 172014

350Z 6-cyl

I have had a problem with the neutral safety switch causing the car to periodically not start. A mechanic made a previous diagnosis but said there were no safety concerns. The car eventually would start all, requiring downtime for repair. Sometimes after sitting over night and sometimes after several errands the car won't start but never this sudden stall. Today, the car stalled while I was in the middle of slowing down to make a left hand turn. It was a two lane mountain road. Cars were able to get around me without incident and I was able to coast backwards to a place of safety. I let the car sit for about 10 min. Which is my usually what I do when it won't start. Put it in neutral after releasing the locked gear shift, with foot on the break, started the car. I am thankful that I hadn't yet merged onto the freeway.

- Placerville, , CA, USA