2004 Nissan 350Z wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Nissan 350Z:

2004 Nissan 350Z Owner Comments

Jan 072008

350Z 6-cyl

I purchased a new 350Z car from antioch (California) Nissan dealership in 2004 with chromed alloy wheels. In addition, I purchased an extended warranty. On the below date a vacaville Nissan mechanic was test driving my vehicle when the right front wheel cracked around the lug nuts and fell off in their parking lot causing damage to my vehicle and unrepairable damage to the rim. Nissan corporation has issued bulletins to the dealership not to chrome alloy wheels for safety and performance reasons. I was not notified of this status...only after the accident did the vacaville service manager give me a copy of their bulletin dated 9/07. It stated my warranty is void as a result of the dealership chroming the alloy wheels as verified by the corporate warranty office. I have contacted both dealerships and their corporate Consumer Affairs office to no avail. How many other cars were sold with unsafe chromed alloyed wheels" how do I retrieve my out of pocket expenses of car repairs, car rental, and replacement of defective wheels"

- Vacaville, CA, USA