2009 Nissan 370Z seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Nissan 370Z:

2009 Nissan 370Z Owner Comments

Oct 012015

The passenger side air bag light stayed on and I took it to the dealer. They said the seat cushion had to be replaced because it was the air bag sensor that was faulty. It cost me over $2100 dollars out of pocket. That was after Nissan Corp. Agreed to pay $500 towards the cost. I might add that the passenger seat was still in like new condition.

- El Dorado, AR, USA

Sep 112013

I have two issues, first my passenger seat air bag indicator light is occassionally turned off even though the seat is occupied. I am told by the dealership to have the passenger move around to have the seat belt appropriately set. I am unsure if this will truely resolve the issue. I noted many of the same issues on the internet. My second issues relates to the driver side air bag that did not activate when I was severly rear ended. My car also hit the car in front of me. It was a major hit as I incurred in excess of $10,000 in damages.

- West Windsor,, NJ, USA

Aug 012011

370Z 6-cyl

Passenger airbags fail to recognize me (5'6" 118lbs) the sensors have been unreliable since purchase but now never see me. Nissan claims 120lb cut off is government standard. Refuses to acknowledge issue.

- Claymont, DE, USA