3.9

2010 Nissan 370Z drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Nissan 370Z:

2010 Nissan 370Z Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Sep 112016

370Z

Clutch pedal went to floor. Clutch slave cylinder failed. Failed in motion, 75 miles from home. Tow was expensive. Car would not start. Steering lock unit failed. Failed in stationary, 95 miles from home. Tow was expensive.

- Alpharetta, GA, USA

Aug 012016

370Z

The clutch pedal randomly drops to the floor was told it is the clutch slave cylinder by a mechanic.

- Sevierville, TN, USA

Jun 232016

370Z

Hey I have a 2010 Nissan 370Z nismo 6 speed manual.the car has 37,000 miles on it. I started the car Thursday morning June/23/2016 pressed in the clutch. Clutch felt kinda soft and soggy so I put in first gear and drove off. As I drove clutch felt okay but still kinda weird. So I drove about 15 mins and stop at a light pushed the clutch in and it wouldn't come back in position.it would get stuck half way. So I tried to put it in gear it wont let me go in 1st gear. So I shut of the car pumped the clutch started it up and she went in gear. So I pull over to the side to a dealership. They diagnosis the problem for me and it turns out to be the csc (slave cylinder) is busted and leaking fluid and the reservoir tank is empty. I have heard bout this problem in the 370Z's at least a 100 events have occurred even at lower miles. This a common problem in ur Z cars. Plz fix this issue.

- Inman, SC, USA

Jun 132016

370Z

As I was driving during heavy business hours my clutch stayed stuck all the way to the bottom, without me being able to shift. I got in to a parking lot and the car did not want to start anymore, so I had to tow it to a Nissan dealership. At the dealership they diagnosed it and claimed it is the csc.

- Alamo, TX, USA

Jan 052015

370Z

Early in 2015 my clutch started sticking when the weather got colder and after doing research I found that this was a common issue with the csc seal gong bad. I even told Nissan that it was bad took it in for service and the only thing they did was put in the same type of clutch fluid used in the gtr, after getting the car back and driving for a week the clutch started to stick again and I once again told them it was the csc seal that was going bad and they finally took the clutch apart to see what I was saying was correct and they replaced it with the stock csc that Nissan uses knowing that failure again was possible. Well here it is less than a year later and I am having the same issues with the clutch either sticking or going all the way to the floor now that the temperature is dropping. I have a call into the dealership to find out if its still under warranty! Nissan knows there is an issue with its stock csc seal but continues to used them in their vehicles.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Nov 162015

370Z

The car will not move the clutch pedal went to the floor and would not come up or engage. I was stuck in city traffic. I checked the fluid level and it was low but not before the minimum line. I believe I have a leak in the internal slave cylinder which is located inside the bell housing.

- Cape Coral, FL, USA

Oct 302015

370Z

Csc (concentric slave cylinder) - failed, clutch pedal goes to the floor, can't shift gear

- Milpitas, CA, USA

Sep 132015

370Z

Was driving on the service road as I exited off the highway and I lost clutch pressure. This is a very common problem in the 370Z and Nissan needs to fix this. There are hundreds of owners who have had this issue. I was left stranded on the service road with no clutch pressure.

- Euless , TX, USA

Jun 202015

370Z

The clutch pedal went all the way to the floor and not returning to its proper position. I was unable to put the car into gear. This has happened twice. The last time I was stuck on a major roadway where I had to get out of the car and call the police for assistance because I was scared I was going to have a collision with another car. Nissan attempted to fix this issue as per their internal service bulletin by changing the clutch fluid. This is a temporary fix that does not address the real issue of the faulty design of the clutch slave cylinder.

- Ridgefield Park, NJ, USA

Sep 112012

370Z

At 40,000 miles my clutch slave cylinder failed while driving. My clutch pedal went all the way to the floor of the car and would not come back up. Dealer attempted to say this was a wear and tear part, but my extended warranty had to cover the cost. Based on www.the370Z.com/Nissan-370Z-general-discussions/25007-sticky-official-370Z-clutch-pressure-csc-failures.html this is a fairly common issue.

- Baton Rouge, LA, USA

Jul 152014

370Z

Clutch slave cylinder failure resulting in clutch pedal sticking to floor and clutch disengaged. Happened intermittently with engine hot in warm weather. Clutch would resume working normally after engine cooled off. This is a common problem on these vehicles as described on various 370Z user forums. Repair: Replaced clutch slave cylinder with improved after market part. Part cost: $325. Labor: $800 total: $1125 plus tax.

- Parker, CO, USA

Oct 312014

370Z 6-cyl

When go from park to reverse rear make clunk noise as soon as the car start moving, or driving at low speed when step on gas it also make clunk noise. Brought the car to dealership thinking its under manufacture 5 year/50K power train warranty only to find out its a not a warranty item and would not be covered. But its tsb number ntb12-055D. And its okay to keep driving with out the repair. Not sure if it would get worst over time will have to wait till it causes accident. Not feel safe driving the car with those noise.

- Portland, ME, USA

Oct 242014

370Z 4WD 6-cyl

The clutch slave cylinder failed on me. I hear this is a known problem in 370Z's among the rest of the 370Z community yet the manufacturer refuses to acknowledge that it's a common problem.

- Houston, TX, USA

Aug 102014

370Z 6-cyl

I started out of my drive when as I start out in 1st gear the car stalled.. because the clutch which normally catches half way out was now all of sudden catching right as my foot was leaving the fire wall. Which I know was not normal.. how ever being a hydraulic system I checked the fluid reservoir to see if it was low. The system was with in the min and max level I continued on when only a mile or so down the road the clutch peddle now stuck to the floor and would not release from the fire wall. It would only move 2 inches in or 2 inches out. It still would allow me to shift. I limed the car home and since it was Sunday and the dealerships are not open I had to wait to Monday morning Aug. 11th to contact the dealer. When I started to car up Monday the car would no longer allow me to shift into any gear at all. I called Nissan North town in austin, tx to have the car towed in.

- Austin , TX, USA

May 152014

370Z 6-cyl

Clutch lost all pressure and I was unable to shift coming off the interstate. Left me stranded for hours on my way to North Carolina from fl. Appears to be a common issue with the 370Z and longer trips. I was just traveling with cruise control on at about 70mph and the clutch pedal fell to the floor when I attempted to slow down while exiting the interstate I-75N. This needs to be recalled! I should not have to pay for a defective product. I will not buy or recommend another Nissan until this gets replaced for free.

- Fort Myers, FL, USA

Jun 202013

370Z 6-cyl

Clutch master cylinder failed. I was on a highway and was unable to shift the car into a different gear. I barely made it off the highway where I was towed to the dealership. The clutch just completely lost pressure.

- Arlington, VA, USA

Apr 212014

370Z 6-cyl

Premature failure of the concentric slave/master cylinder. Causes the clutch pedal to sink down and not come back up. Very dangerous when clutch randomly engages because of this. Enthusiasts have diagnosed the problem is due to plastic components used in the cylinders. There is already a aftermarket slave cylinder that fixes this problem by using metal components.

- Houston, TX, USA

Mar 032014

370Z

Driving back home after work (30 min drive) city, clutch became soft and delay its way back to normal position shifting to 3rd gear. Driving conditions where 50mph, 23mpg at 7pm.

- Isabela , PR, USA

Feb 032014

370Z 6-cyl

While driving the car under normal driving conditions, the clutch pedal would not come up from the floor after coming to a stop at a stop sign. After letting the car sit for approx. 90 minutes, the clutch pedal operation appeared to return to normal. I went online to research this problem and found this... per Nissan: Subject: Sb 370Z coupe and roadster; clutch pedal does not return to rest position summary of ntb13026: If you confirm: The clutch pedal on an applied vehicle does not return to its normal (rested) position after being depressed to the floor or the customer states the clutch pedal on an applied vehicle does not return to its normal (rested) position after being depressed to the floor there are no leaks in the clutch hydraulic system*. action: Change the clutch hydraulic system fluid with GT-R R35 special brake fluid (see parts information). - refer to service procedure for bleeding procedure. See this bulletin for further detail. I took the car to a local Nissan dealership and they were able to replicate the problem. Their solution was to replace the clutch fluid withe the gtr R35 special brake fluid as described in the service bulletin. However, I've read multiple reports that this "fix" only holds up temporarily and, that eventually the csc (concentric slave cylinder) and/or the cmc (clutch master cylinder) fail. Many, many 370Z owners have had to have both the csc & cmc replaced. The Nissan dealership where I took my car said they would replace those parts but, only if I experience the clutch pedal failure again. My feeling is that they should've replaced these parts when they replaced the fluid since they're aware that merely changing the fluid is not really fixing the problem since the csc & cmc so often fail even after the fluids have been changed.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Jan 182014

370Z 6-cyl

There is a recurring issues with this vehicle where if driving long distances suddenly the clutch would go to the floor and eventually lose all resistance and make the car undrivable. I discovered this shortly after I purchased the vehicle at 20000 miles. I took it back to the place I purchased from and because it was intermittent they could not reproduce the issue. The next time it happened I was told to take it to the dealer. The problem came back and I was told I needed to make an appointment at the dealer. By the time I took it to the dealer it was again not happening so they were not able to find the problem. Saturday the 18th of Jan. It happened again and I was able to take it to the dealer while it was happening. They found the problem was the slave cylinder leaking but because now I am over the warranty Nissan will not cover the issue. I have researched this issue and seen several people complaining about the intermittent issue with the clutch that goes to the floor with very low miles on the car. The issue seems to be that the part that breaks is plastic and Nissan hasn't redesigned it since the 350Z models that also experience the same issue. Please can someone look into this?

- Sherman, TX, USA