2.0

2004 Nissan Armada engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Nissan Armada:

2004 Nissan Armada Owner Comments

Aug 102016

Armada

Brakes, at about 65mph car shakes violently, tv in the middle sounds like its falling out, engine turning over but not starting

- Shepherdsville, KY, USA

May 242016

Armada

The contact owns a 2004 Nissan Armada. The contact stated that the check engine warning indicator illuminated after the vehicle was started. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that there was a leak in the exhaust manifold, but a remedy was not provided. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 154,000.

- Chesapeake, VA, USA

Oct 282009

Armada

10/28/09 right manifold and catalytic converter cracked between 3rd and 4th runners at 56K, 9/28/10 left side cracked at 67K. Both replace under warranty. 03/16, 135K kept complaining of exhaust in cab and being light headed. Brought to mechanic, right side is cracked again! I care for and Transport our 2 year old granddaughter while our son is in the military and can't believe this isn't considered a manufacturer defect due to the safety issue. Have always had Nissan, love to get another one but not if Nissan doesn't back their product.

- South Windsor, CT, USA

Oct 032007

Armada

The contact owns a 2004 Nissan Armada. The contact stated that while driving at unknown speeds, the vehicle made an abnormal sound and exhaust fumes emitted into the cabin. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician diagnosed that the driver and passenger sides exhaust manifold needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired however, the failure recurred. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer, where it was repaired under a manufacturers recall but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 70,000.

- Camarillo, CA, USA

Jun 132015

Armada

My Armada shuts off while driving down the road. When it does the steering goes and the brakes won't work. I bought got rear ended trying to get off the road when it happened the first time. This is a very dangerous problem. I just got this about 6 months ago. I looked up and seen recalls on this problem but I put my VIN number in and it says there is none for my car. If it has been fixed prior to my ownership then its went out again. And again thats not good. This could get someone killed! esp if I was driving on interstate. I couldn't get out of way of traffic.

- Lakeland, GA, USA

May 102015

Armada

Traveling up a slight hill at about 20 mph the vehicle started losing power. The engine died resulting in a loss of power steering. I put the vehicle in park and shut off the ignition. I had no power and no power steering. After about a minute I tried and successfully started the vehicle. It attempted to die again, but I revved the engine and kept it running. It was frightening to think what would have happened if we were on a highway at 70 mph and lost power. In my opinion this is a dangerous situation. Thankfully the incident was on a county road with no traffic as we had two of our grandchildren in the vehicle at the time of the incident.

- Buena Vista, CO, USA

Aug 152013

Armada 8-cyl

Cracked exhaust manifold identified. Dealer took 2 months after requesting a trip to the dealership (200 miles rt) to deny any responsibility because vehicle is over 8 years new. Been cracked for years and they knew its age before requesting an inspection. We were told by dealership to be wary of exhaust leaking into the cabin.

- Payson, AZ, USA

May 082013

Armada

Transmission has water damage due to faulty radiator. It appears coolant and transmission fluid chambers have been breached. After web research this is clearly a problem Nissan is aware of and should be addressing.

- Covington, GA, USA