2004 Nissan Armada fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Nissan Armada:

2004 Nissan Armada Owner Comments

Aug 082007

The contact owns a 2004 Nissan Armada. The contact stated that the fuel gauge did not register the correct amount of fuel in the vehicle. The vehicle stalled while registering 1/4 of a tank. In addition, the vehicle hesitated to accelerate and the brake pedal traveled to the floorboard when depressed. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer or independent mechanic for the acceleration or fuel gauge issues. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for the brake pedal issue; however, the failure could not be replicated. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was approximately 203,000.

- Lockport, IL, USA

Jun 022016

My fuel gauge showed 1/4 tank of gas and I ran out of fuel on a major highway and stalled out. I was in fear for my families life and had my wife steer the car while I pushed it over to the shoulder. A passer bye in a pick up had a can of gas and it was enough to get me to a gas station. There is a recall on the 2005 Armada for the fuel sending sensor but not on the 2004. This is apparently a lot of 2004 Armadas that have this safety malfunction.

- Mount Airy, MD, USA

Nov 102015

While driving and reaching either a stop light or stop sign or coming to a stop when applying the brakes the pedal depresses to the floor and the brakes grind it will continue to do that until you turn the car off and turn it back on. It has occured since the purchase of the vehicle Oct 2014.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Sep 272015

Fuel gauge stops at 1/4. vehicle ran out of gas on freeway and engine stalled.

- Lebanon, TN, USA

May 102015

Traveling up a slight hill at about 20 mph the vehicle started losing power. The engine died resulting in a loss of power steering. I put the vehicle in park and shut off the ignition. I had no power and no power steering. After about a minute I tried and successfully started the vehicle. It attempted to die again, but I revved the engine and kept it running. It was frightening to think what would have happened if we were on a highway at 70 mph and lost power. In my opinion this is a dangerous situation. Thankfully the incident was on a county road with no traffic as we had two of our grandchildren in the vehicle at the time of the incident.

- Buena Vista, CO, USA

Apr 022015

I have been having problem with 2004 Nissan Armada' fuel gauge, similar to a recall. I called the dealer and then Nissan motor usa. They said since my VIN is not part of this recall at this time I have to pay $99 for the diagnosis, and then send report to Nissan motors for consideration. They are refusing to add my VIN for this recall, and to have the dealer check free of charge and fix if issue is same as the recall.

- Katy, TX, USA

Apr 012015

The contact owns a 2004 Nissan Armada. The contact stated that the fuel gauges failed to detect the proper levels of fuel in the tank once it went under a quarter tank of fuel. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing; however, the failure was not diagnosed. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 115,000.

- Katy, TX, USA

Oct 012014

Armada 4WD 8-cyl

My fuel gauge was showing a half tank, but my SUV was actually out of gas. Very embarrassing!

- Indianola, MS, USA

Jan 022013

The contact owns a 2004 Nissan Armada. The contact stated that while driving 60 mph, the vehicle decelerated without warning. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where the technician diagnosed that the vehicle was low on fuel. The failure recurred and the vehicle was taken to the dealer where the technician diagnosed that the fuel gauge was inoperable and the fuel pump needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was repaired. The failure mileage was 180,000 and the current mileage was 205,000.

- Trussville, AL, USA

Jul 172013

The contact owns a 2004 Nissan Armada. The contact stated that while refueling, fuel spilled to the ground. The failure was experienced several times. The manufacturer was contacted and advised that the vehicle was included in NHTSA campaign number 10V074000 (fuel system, other) however, the vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 113,595.

- Marshfield, MA, USA

Dec 112007

Armada 8-cyl

Fuel gauge not working correctly leaving you stranded while reading 1/4 tank of gas, brakes fail forcing you to pull over and turn off truck pull out key then restart, seat belts do not retract getting caught in door when closing.

- Seminole, FL, USA

Feb 282011

Armada 4WD 8-cyl

My Armada showed that there was fuel in the tank. The gauge on the instrument cluster and the trip computer both showed there was a tank of gas in the vehicle; however, the vehicle had ran out of gas. The fuel sending unit is not working correctly. I took the vehicle to Nissan and was told the fuel sending unit was bad in the Armada and if I were lucky my vehicle may be part of the recall. My Armada is a 2004, recalls were done for the fuel sending unit on 2005 models and above. Nissan has refused to recall the 2004 model. Safety issue fuel gauge inaccuracy. I am requesting that the 2004 model Armada be added to safety recall ntb10037. This fault causes the vehicle to ran out of fuel while the gauge still shows up to a quarter tank remaining. Loss of power and control of vehicle which may cause accidents.

- Burlington, NJ, USA