2004 Nissan Armada seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Nissan Armada:

2004 Nissan Armada Owner Comments

Jun 122016

Was in a accident on 6/12/2016, had front end damage, air bags did not deploy. Honolulu police dept report # 16-233155

- Honolulu, HI, USA

Aug 192014

The contact owns a 2004 Nissan Armada. While driving 40 mph and attempting to engage the brakes, the vehicle failed to stop and crashed into the preceding vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. The contact sustained moderate bruising across the chest due to the seat belt. The contact did not receive medical attention. A police report was filed. Neither the manufacturer nor the dealer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was repaired. The failure mileage was 117,000.

- Longmont , CO, USA

Oct 282011

Armada 4WD 8-cyl

The airbag light has been blinking since 2011 and I found out this year that there is a recall for that purpose. I reported to Nissan company about that after my car was rejected for the annual inspection. They told me that the VIN# of my Armada was not included in the recall. I have since heard that there is another recall of Nissan cars from 2002 and up. I wonder what action I can take since my Armada falls into the years mentioned. Thanks

- Roslindale, MA, USA

Apr 132014

Armada 8-cyl

I was traveling over the 285 spaghetti junction bridge when a crashing sound like a gun shot disrupted my drive. I gripped the stirring wheel and was able to pull over to the side. Catching my barrens, we realized that the side "curtain" airbags deployed. There was not an accident, no one hit us and we did not hit anyone so we were not sure on how or why the airbags deployed. We contacted Nissan headquarters and they are not willing to assist us stating that because of the mileage and year of the vehicle there is nothing they can do. It is really upsetting that they are not considering the incident could have been deadly if the airbags deployed in the front and blinded my visibility. Instead Nissan will not give us a reason for the deployment or even check out the vehicle as it sits at the Nissan infiniti dealership. We have contacted our insurance company, better business bureau and no one is willing to assist or be accountable. Our hands are tied locked in a car payment that we are not even able to drive.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Mar 032014

My wife was driving about 30 mph in the evening and all of a sudden with no accident no fender bender or bump the side airbags deployed for no reason, shaken and scared she called me to inform me of the situation, thankfully my kids were not in the car at the time! I began to do research and found that I wasn't the only one, this airbag sensor that is bad on all Armadas were recalled except the 04 model according to Nissan customer service, so initially I was appalled, the nice lady at Nissan said that in order for me to do anything further I would have to pay for a diagnostic out of my own pocket like the other poor guy on here who paid and was out of a vehicle for about 3 weeks just to end up in a situation where they won't do anything about it after they find that the sensor states vehicle was in a roll over accident even though it wasn't!!! what are we as consumers to do in a bad situation like this? car has about 137766 miles driven.

- Stockton, CA, USA

Sep 212012

Armada 4WD 8-cyl

Driving down the interstate at 65 mph when side/curtain airbags suddenly deployed for no reason.

- Concord, NC, USA

Oct 162010

On 10/16/10 my father was involved in a front end collision with a tree (center of bumper) while driving his 2004 Nissan Armada. A high degree of damage was sustained on the vehicle. He suffered from facial lacerations and bruising. The airbags in the Armada did not deploy for some reason. We have begun the process of contacting Nissan to report this. My guess is that he hit the tree doing at least 20 mph based on the damage (although my guess may not be correct).

- Commack, NY, USA

Oct 012008

The red airbag light flashes on the dashboard. I took it to two Nissan dealerships and was told that it was most likely a failed sensor in the front passenger seat but could not be sure until it was replaced for approximately $1400 not refundable if that was not the problem. It could also be the restraint system associated with that seat. Reportedly from both the dealers comments and my research on the internet this is a common problem with my vehicle type.

- Derry, NH, USA

Nov 152008

The contact owns a 2004 Nissan Armada. While driving approximately 25 mph, the air bags suddenly deployed without an impact or crash. He took the vehicle to the dealer and they kept it for three weeks. At the end of the three weeks, he received a recall notice from the dealer stating that the computer that diagnosed the vehicle indicated that it had been in a rollover crash. The contact took the vehicle back and called the insurance company. They inspected the vehicle and stated that the air bag defect had been a manufacturer issue and was not due to a rollover crash. The failure has not been repaired. The current and failure mileages were 55,532.

- Largo, FL, USA

Aug 102007

Armada 8-cyl

Failure of air bags to deploy. Wife was involved in an auto accident, she was traveling at around 30 mph the other around 35 mph. Her vehicle was considered a total loss. The force of the crash caused her to hit the steering wheel with her chest causing chest pain, busing and a possible back injury. The law enforcement, fire and emergency personnel on scene all indicated that the air bag system should have deployed. Please help.

- Colorado Springs, CO, USA