3.3

2005 Nissan Armada seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Nissan Armada:

2005 Nissan Armada Owner Comments

Apr 012016

Armada

The air bag light was flashing so I took my 2005 Armada to the dealership to find out the reason. The dealer is charging me about $500 to replace the harness. They said the air bag may not deploy if I am involved in an accident. Also, I've had two instances where my brakes got jammed and made a loud noise when I stopped at a stop sign.

- Missouri City, TX, USA

Sep 242014

Armada 8-cyl

While driving or even just putting it in reverse, when I try to brake it feels like a spongy/stringy pedal that goes to the ground and makes a loud grind noise. You have to turn off the vehicle and it is fine, I have took it in the shop and nothing wrong, I am like really... I can't be turning the vehicle off every time it does this, that is a safety issue or a definite recall..now this happens several times and with family in the vehicle is a danger I think. Hope there is a recall for this issue. Also seat belts do not retract back after the recall that was done.

- Fresno, CA, USA

May 012010

Armada

We purchased a 2005 Armada with 50,000 miles on it in 2009, at that time the dealer sold it to us with the airbags system showing the warning light solid. They asked for us to take it to a nearby Nissan dealer and get the problem looked at because they were a Saab dealer. The Nissan dealer fixed the problem without notifying us of a cost. This action was a cost of $330 which I asked them to take the part out because they did not have the Saab dealers authorization. This dealership told me Nissan honored the work and warranty. We did not pay a dime. Now the same light is now flashing on the dash since 72000 miles. I still have a gold warranty on the vehicle but this restraint is not covered. If this is a common problem and causes system failure on the airbags why aren't they recalling it?

- Round Lake, IL, USA

Dec 072008

Armada

Drive my Nissan Armada on 12/7/08 and the airbag light comes on with the flashing SRS light. I have the extended warranty so I take it to dealership. Dealership tells me it's the sensor and that it would be $385 to fix and it's not covered under my warranty as it's an electrical component. So I do some research and see that this is a problem with 2005 Armadas (which mine is an 05) and that there is a voluntary service bulletin issued which states that there is a known defect and that some dealerships are fixing at their discretion free of charge. I call the Nissan hotline (1-800-nissan1) and issue a complaint. No one could help me, the last person I spoke to was the regional specialist. I say this is a known manufacture defect and that customers should not be held responsible for the manufactures mistake. So in the mean time, we contact our local dealership, again. Speak with service manager, he says that if there was a collision the airbag will not deploy, but there is nothing that can be done because my vehicle's VIN number doesn't come back with any eligible recalls pertaining to that. So fast forward a week to 1/7/09, see on my local news there is a recall on Nissan trucks. I look up the recall and see it's on the 2005-2009 frontier, pathfinder, and xterra that was either purchased or registered in cold weather climates. So I call dealership, he plugs my VIN into the computer "there are no recalls on this vehicle" so I call 1-800-nissan1 again..reference my old ticket and issue a new one. "regional specialist" called back and states there is still nothing that could be done for us. In researching this, this is a common problem for 2005 Armadas, customers shouldn't be held responsible for their defect, especially if it involves the loss of the use of airbags.

- Summit Point, WV, USA

Mar 052005

Armada 4WD 8-cyl

The consumer stated that on March 5, 2005 the driver's and passenger's seat belts locked when applying the brakes, the seat belts tightened like they were choking the consumer. The middle row seat locked, but did not catch in order to keep the consumer from going forward. Also when pressing on the brakes the vehicle shook so violently that one could not hang onto the wheel. The consumer had taken the vehicle to the dealer for the brakes, and the dealer said that the vehicle needed a new brake system. In addition, the check engine light had come on. The vehicle was taken to the dealers on October 5, 2005 because the fuel pump cracked. The vehicle needed a new exhaust manifold and the engine blew out. The vehicle needed a new engine. Currently the vehicle had 12, 000 miles on it. Updated 11/29/2005 - (12/05/05) the child safety seat was replaced twice. The rear second row seat snapped and pushed forward with the child in the car seat.

- Staton Island, NY, USA