2005 Nissan Armada steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Nissan Armada:

2005 Nissan Armada Owner Comments

Jul 082009

Armada 8-cyl

The first incident took place approximately 1 year after purchase, but it was not as severe, so I will begin with the first severe occurrence, which took place in the summer of 2009. At about 55 miles per hour the vehicle shakes, and the steering seemed a bit loose. But because I like my Nissan, I just drove it very carefully. Then in 2014, it became almost impossible to control. I began to research problems that others were having as originally I thought the problem I was having was related to the brake system. But it was shaking even without applying the brakes. I have owned vehicles that cost considerably less, and I have never had a problem where the steering shaft connection to the rack and pinion assembly became so worn that both the steering shaft and the rack and pinion assembly had to be replaced. This seems to be an engineering defect or poor workmanship, and a definite safety hazard, and if I had not had the presence of mind to have it checked out, or the finances to have it repaired, it would certainly have resulted in a car crash and possible loss of life, as when the steering started to degrade without my applying the brakes, it degraded quite rapidly. I paid auto-nation Nissan of memphis $1989.60 to repair, and it only put me back to the point where the shuddering or shaking only occurs when I apply the brakes. I would not be able in good conscious to sale this vehicle to anyone, though I am sure that North american Nissan would have no problem doing so.

- Collierville, TN, USA